Exterior body parts for 1978 mustang II COUPE

Darth Menace

Founding Member
Apr 20, 2000
Tatooine
hey i bought a coupe which is unfortunate. i beleive it is more rare than the hatches, but man from what I see they are next to impossible to get expterior parts for.....no louvres, no ground effects/no spoilers...
anyways i was hoping someone could prove me wrong.

REAR SPOILER:i hear a 69-71 mustang spoiler would fit..the one that raises 2 inches, but i was wondering if anyone knows what else is available for the coupe when it comes to spoilers if anything. do the hatchback spoilers fit on the coupe? i really like the cobra ii spoilers

FRONT SPOILER: The front spoiler really helps the look of the car. and these do fit whether they are coupe or hatch i believe.

SIDE SKIRTS: Do they have any side skirts available for the Mustang II coupe?

HOOD SCOOP: what scoops were used?

PICS: does anyone have any pics of coupes that were beefed up on the exterior?

• Sponsors (?)

With few exceptions your no longer in 'bolt on land'.

I hope your good with an array of tools.

IE:

There is an aftermarket air dam for the 240Z that I think would look good on a II.

Also there is a BMW dam I think would look slick.

Both would take some massaging.

this is eos's car. what spoiler is that on his car? and what would that look like with the front chin spoiler?
gleemin2.jpg

Attachments

• gleemin2.jpg
    gleemin2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 403
Darth Menace said:
REAR SPOILER:i hear a 69-71 mustang spoiler would fit..the one that raises 2 inches, but i was wondering if anyone knows what else is available for the coupe when it comes to spoilers if anything. do the hatchback spoilers fit on the coupe? i really like the cobra ii spoilers

I've seen the 69-70 spoiler used on the coupes so I believe they do fit ok. The best looking spoiler I've seen was from a Thunderbird. The Cobra II hatchback spoiler does not fit without significant modification.

Darth Menace said:
FRONT SPOILER: The front spoiler really helps the look of the car. and these do fit whether they are coupe or hatch i believe.

Correct.

Darth Menace said:
SIDE SKIRTS: Do they have any side skirts available for the Mustang II coupe?

Nope, although if you were good with a sheetmetal brake I'm sure you could make some rather easily.

Darth Menace said:
HOOD SCOOP: what scoops were used?

I've seen so many different scoops used ..checkout www.mustangii.org or www.mustangii.net for pics of different IIs.

david

The front II spoiler fits a coupe fine, it's all the same parts up front (unless it's a 74). Just make sure your stock valance is in good shape (spoiler attaches to it).

For the rear, you just have to find something you like. I was never a fan of a rear spoiler on a coupe, but some people like it.

For the side skirts, I have seen fox body GT side skirts put on IIs. I think they are almost a perfect fit, just requiring a little reworking. They look good with the front spoiler.

No side louvers would fit, and I've never seen a II with rears on a coupe. Would probably look stupid not on a fastback.

Hood scoop is factory II. The 76-77 cars used a forward facing scoop, and the 77.5-78 cars used the same scoop, backwards. Again, you can put any kind of scoop you want on.

Here's a pic of my old 351 Ghia with a snorkle scoop:

351ghia.jpg

Darth Menace said:
this is eos's car. what spoiler is that on his car? and what would that look like with the front chin spoiler?
gleemin2.jpg
HER spoiler. ;) :p And It was on there when I bought the car. I've been told it was from an early 80's model T bird. But I don't know how accurate that is. :shrug: I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Attachments

• gleemin2.jpg
    gleemin2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,898
MadMark said:
oh boy oh boy...am i ever mixed up. maybe i should sell the II and stick with my 93
to make things simple...this is the front spoiler that I want
pic4.jpg

now is this a one piece front spoiler? (or the 3 piece with the two side spats)

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 381
Darth Menace said:
oh boy oh boy...am i ever mixed up. maybe i should sell the II and stick with my 93
to make things simple...this is the front spoiler that I want
pic4.jpg

now is this a one piece front spoiler? (or the 3 piece with the two side spats)
that is the 1 piece spoiler, the dam is on the one with spats

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,356