Extreme Street Racing

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Last summer I dabled in the hard tire racing and starting spraying my car at the same time using a progressive controller. Over the winter I discovered that the nitrous was never actually activating, or at least not continously. I fixed that over the winter and attended an extreme street racing event in Steele Alabama Saturday night. I was disappointed to find that not only were they not using a clock, but the race started at the unprepped half track and was only an 1/8 mile race. It was also a flashlight start and was as much of a Street Outlaws wanna be race as any I had ever seen. But, it was fun none the less.

I got 1 practice run in and it went pretty well, just screeching the tires through 2nd. 1st round I drew the eventual winner and panicked shortly after the launch and jabbed 2nd gear. I was fighting tire spin all the way to the finish line, almost crossing into the other lane, and lost by a couple of car lengths. I was the only stick shift car in the field of 7 and think I could have beaten half of them easily if it was not for blowing the tires off.....but, that is the whole catch to the hard tire racing.

View: https://youtu.be/eOyHQbcETKU

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I was thinking that if I ever got back into drag racing, that something like that might be of interest to me.

Then I remembered that I have a six cylinder, wont fall out of a tree, N/A, 28 spline axle'd, street tired boulevard cruiser.
And just as quickly decided against it.

I was thinking that if I ever got back into drag racing, that something like that might be of interest to me.

Then I remembered that I have a six cylinder, wont fall out of a tree, N/A, 28 spline axle'd, street tired boulevard cruiser.
And just as quickly decided against it.

I think having a turbo......
I see your point.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user