Factory Emissions Config. on '75 Mach 1-302-4bbl.

Apsychotic

Dec 5, 2003
Hey all, Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the factory emissions configuration was on the '75 Mach 1 with a factory 302? My county just passed an emissions "visual" test on all cars 75-newer. I need to know what all emissions junk came factory on this vehicle because it has absolutely nothing on it now. Any info will be appreciated! Norm :flame:

• Sponsors (?)

Are you in PA? If so welcome to the mess.... Many counties in PA now have the "visual" emmisions inspection. as far as I know the 75 and later all had a thermactor air pump(smog pump)system including the crossover tube for on the back of the heads, an anti-back flow valve and the anti back-fire valve, a PVC system, charcoal canister, EGR system, catalytic convertor, and the fuel inlet restrictor. You will probably have to have a closed air cleaner as it is part of the "vapor emmisions system" that connects to the charcoal canister. Plus they will also test the fuel cap to make sure it is working properly.

I went to classic plates to get around it. Good luck finding all the necessary parts. Personally this "test" is ridiculous It just has to be there. Not really working but there. You do have to have a belt on the smog pump but the pump doesn't have to have any "guts" if you get my drift. Put a "gutted" pump on and make everything appear to be functional and you should be alright. The hardest part for you will probably be the EGR system. Most 4bbl intakes dont have the egr passages for the ford EGR plate. But if you need something that looks like it belongs there send me a PM. I've been hoarding 4bbl egr plates, and I could hook you up with something. Just stick the plate in get it inspected and take it back off.

Good Luck let us know how you make out,

Tim

Welcome to the visual inspection, CA has been doing it for years. And if your visual is anything like CA then simple having an EGR plate won't work. If the car wasn't offered from the factory with a 4-bbl you won't pass. The only aftermarket manifold with EGR is the Edelbrock Performer 302. Edelbrock also makes 2-bbl and 4-bbl EGR adapters for use with this manifold. I'm runnin the Performer 302 with a 1-inch spacer and Holley 600 until smog time when I install my 2-bbl EGR plate and factory 2-bbl.

emissions junk,

I do live in Pa, Greene Co. Pa.,and was considering the "Classic Plates" route, but the local notary told me 1st' , "It can't be a "project car" to qualify, it has to be the finished product", and that the engine and suspension can't be modified. All of which pertain to my II. It's a project that will probably never be finished, as I'm always doing something to it, The engine is mildly beefed, and the suspension will be modified soon. Think I still Qualify for the Classic plate? is the notary full of S#!t or what?

Welllllllll....... If you look at my sig. you will see what I have done. Here is a link to the application. Classic Plate Application If you read the second page it doesn't say "bone stock unmodified" the actual phrase is "maintained in to restored to a condition the is substantially in connformity with manufacturer specifications and appearence" I guess it depends on you definition of "SUBSTANTALLY" doesn't it? My car will be that way in appearence but the motor and rear are changed. So to me that is "substantially" in conformity. They don't ask for what you have and havn't change. But I have heard you don't want to send in pictures with afternarket wheels.