Factory h pipe

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Is the factory h pipe for the 93 Cobra and the other 5.0 LX and GT’s the same part?

Are they really as valuable as this eBay seller thinks they are?

I have a complete intact factory h pipe from my 92 5.0 LX and it has only 60k miles of use on it. What is it worth?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

All 90-93 H-pipes are the same. They use an F0ZC part number.

NOS pipes are getting up there. Guy on the 93 Cobra group sells them for $1k each and they sell at that price.

That’s a tad bit high IMHO but the fox market is bat:poo: crazy right now so who am I to say it’s high.

Case in point

Last edited:
How restrictive would the factory catted h pipe be on a car that dyno tested at 400 rwhp with no cats?

There was a thread on this on the corral where someone did dyno a catted H-pipe (stock) and went to an off-road. I think it was 10HP. The difference between high-flow cats (or modern cats) was even smaller.

There was a thread on this on the corral where someone did dyno a catted H-pipe (stock) and went to an off-road. I think it was 10HP. The difference between high-flow cats (or modern cats) was even smaller.
What kind of power was that car making? On a stock mustang, yeah it's not as big of a deal as we made of it when we were kids, but i think on 400hp the smaller pipe and the cats could be more of an issue.

As for as the original post, that pipe seems to be in nice condition, i have to imagine someone doing a restore could possibly consider it.

Reactions: 1 users
What kind of power was that car making? On a stock mustang, yeah it's not as big of a deal as we made of it when we were kids, but i think on 400hp the smaller pipe and the cats could be more of an issue.

As for as the original post, that pipe seems to be in nice condition, i have to imagine someone doing a restore could possibly consider it.

I tried to search back to get more specifics but couldn't find the the thread. I do know the poster and he's running a modified turbo car, so not stock.

Didn't find the thread, but found an older post from the guy I am thinking.

3HP gain going from a Bassani catted X-pipe to a Bassani off-road X-pipe. Car was making 316HP to the wheels at the time. I know he's got a turbo now and has done a bunch of dyno testing. I'll keep looking for the post as it was pretty interesting.

1651160297495.png

When installing cats back on to a Foxbody that had them missing and also had the AIR pump missing, can aftermarket cats still do their job properly with the AIR pump?