Falcons?

Kerpal

Aug 9, 2004
I'm assuming this would be the best forum to post this in... I've heard that the old 60's Falcons use the same chassis as the Mustang and that parts are interchangeable between the two... is this true? Anyone know of good Falcon websites? I'm especially interested in what kind of upgrades can be done using factory parts... i.e brakes, suspension and drivetrain components.

• Sponsors (?)

actually the mustang uses teh same platform as the 63-65 falcons :D i have one of each and a numer of parts interchange. the entire front suspension, most of the steering linkage with the exception of the draglink, but i have not yet verified that. you can use mustang front shocks on the early(pre 66) falcons if you change the upper shock mount to the mustang mount. the rear shocks are the same. the rear leaf springs interchange, but i am told that there is a difference in the spring arch, the mustang springs are supposed to be flatter, again i have not verified this, but i know the springs are the same size as i have checked the specs on both springs. the only spec i have not seen is the spring arch. subframe connectors should be similar, but the mustang's will be a bit shorter as the mustang has a 108" wheelbase compared to the falcons 109" wheelbase. the monte carlo bars are different. the mustangs are shorter by about 1/2", and the export braces are also different. rear ends will interchange with no problem. gas tanks are similar, but the falcon tanks are smaller, and the filler neck is offset about an inch to one side, but again i have not yet checked to see if a mustang tank will work in a falcon. if it does, then you can get a 22 gallon tank in the falcon by using a 70 mustang tank(be nice because my falcon has a 14 gallon tank in it right now).

Not much out there for Falcons...we had (before we bought the mach) a 69 Falcon Futura stationwagon and sold it because it was too hard to find parts for (we were trying to keep it original, as it was about 90% original when we got it). There is a Falcon club of America, I'd start with them!

Here is my 68 Falcon with a 390 in it. When I buy part for it. I order stuff for 69 Mustang. Try this link http://www.rexn.com/CLIENTPAGES/1968/030331links.htm

Here a video of mY Falcon
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KLFLS7V3E92D1HCAEVP0VEMHS
555942_39_full.jpg

555942_40_full.jpg

555942_8_full.jpg

555942_61_full.jpg

555942_34_full.jpg