Farewell my fellow AOD friends

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Ive finally done it, im switching to a t5. Im sick of inconsistent ET's and the tranny shifting into OD under WOT. The shift kit other than that was great. A buddy wants my tranny and i returned my stall and they took it no questions asked. Got the whole kit for 650 tranny and all. Got 400 for the converter and 175 for the tranny, so basicall 75 bucks for the swap. Im hoping on gaining several tenths from this. I once saw a 13.6 at 102 and now im back to 14's after the shiftkit, tell me that doesnt suck.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I gotta say i hope your really good at driving stick. 99% of the time an automatic is way more consistant. I would have just bought a built AOD from a reputable company and be done with it. ( If your getting a stock T-5 its worth the swap, if tremec or g-force I would have bought a built AOD).

My .02 but a stick is defiantly wayyy more fun on the street!!! Good luck with it!

Dude if your after consistent ET's auto is the way to go unless your name is Grumpy Jenkins!! A 5spd cant touch an auto for consistentcy..Sounds like you need to practice your drag skills!! Try a few different techniques,then stick with the one you like and practice it! Just keep doing it.The reason your not consistent is your launching method.I read one of your posts where you launch at 2000 rpm or something.Launch at 800-850rpm's,your ET's will be faster and doing this each time will keep your 60's and final ET's very consistent!!