Favorite Fox Bodystyle

Guess I thought they were. Oh well, I like them either way....

To be clear, the Turbo Coupe is the Fox variant. The Super Coupe is the 3.8l supercharged V6 in the 89-95 Thunderbird, which is on the MN-12 chassis. I owned a 97 Thunderbird Sport with the 4.6L. I really liked that car, but the automatic only option was a killer. I always planned to do the Tremec swap with the extension box, but then cash for clunkers came along and away she went.

Guess I thought they were. Oh well, I like them either way....
An MN-12 T-bird or Cougar with a 5.0 or 4.6 is high on my list of cars I'd love to have. I wouldn't kick a Super Coupe out of the driveway either, but I might V8 swap it.

An MN-12 T-bird or Cougar with a 5.0 or 4.6 is high on my list of cars I'd love to have. I wouldn't kick a Super Coupe out of the driveway either, but I might V8 swap it.

My brother in law had a SC for a few years. The Mazda 5 speed that was behind the 3.8 kinda sucked, but he and I both really liked that car. We worked together for a time back then and car pooled. We worked with another guy who had a 93 GT convertible. It was an AOD car, but they bench raced enough that they decided one morning after work (we worked 3rd shift) that they'd line up at a stop light just for s and giggles. If it weren't for that POS transmission the SC woulda taken the GT.

When I got my hands on the 84 vert I used to have, the thought I had was to try and find a SC and transplant the running gear. It was a 3.8 car to begin with so it made sense in my mind. Then I located the Mark VII I ended up using as a donor. But if I would've found a SC to use, I figured I'd see about replacing the transmission with a T5. I've not looked for a while, but it seems that the SCs are getting harder to find. And it seems that Ford missed an opportunity when they didn't use that supercharged 3.8 in the Mustang. But that would've meant they had to boost the 5.0's output for the GT and REALLY would've had to produce something for the 93 Cobra. Like maybe a hopped up 351W....?

If they went the route I'm talking about, what would've happened with the Cobra R? Supercharged 351W?

Like this:
Base Mustang = 2.3
LX = SC3.8
GT = 5.0
Cobra = 351W
Cobra R = SC351W

You ain't gonna catch hell from me... '84 Turbo Coupe, 5 speed, Gunmetal Pearl...
I loved her, 'till I rolled her.

Reactions: 1 users
Rolled it? I guess you’re ok since you’re talking about it!
Yes, didn't get a scratch. Hydroplaned, grabbed a DEEP pothole that burst a front tire, flipped down a 40' bank through some pines. Chopped the whole rear 1/4 of the car off. Fuel tank was separated from the car & about 15' away. MAD! - but blessed!

Yes, didn't get a scratch. Hydroplaned, grabbed a DEEP pothole that burst a front tire, flipped down a 40' bank through some pines. Chopped the whole rear 1/4 of the car off. Fuel tank was separated from the car & about 15' away. MAD! - but blessed!
Damn! Blessed for sure! Glad you’re here to talk about it!

Reactions: 1 user
This is almost exactly like the accident my dad had in my mom's 1979 Ford Fairmont Futura when I was about five years old.

Reactions: 1 user