Favorite Intake? Opinions required!

I need a new intake. Sold my Performer II, not sure why but I'm in the market for something different. Supercharged 331, nothing crazy. XE274HR cam. 10lbs of boost. 95% track car.

Thinking about the following:

Trick Flow "R" (can't afford box)
Holley Systemax II
Victor 5.0

Won't be revving past 6300 rpm. Concerned about victor 5.0 as I hear it is common to need the lower milled to work with your heads. Using Performer RPM's.

Opinion's??

And would I be completely nuts to even consider the leaky fuel BBK SSI-R? (box) :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd suggest the victor 5.0. Yes, it will most likely need to be milled. I had to have mine milled .094" on the sides and .154" on the end rails if I recall. It isn't hard to figure it out, I thought it would be a hassle but it wasn't. It just adds more cost to the swap. You will also need to do something for crankcase ventilation. You have a few options here. Most will suggest running breather filters off each valve cover but they usually end up leaking and getting hot oil on the headers. I tried this first but then ended up running a vented breather tank with a 5/8" heater hose off each oil fill tube.

I also ended up needing to buy a custom throttle bracket from mcmachine.

You can remove the valve covers w/o removing the upper with the victor.

When they say it's a 'race' intake, they mean it. It isn't for the 'just bolt it on and go' kind of guy. Fwiw, I swapped from a TFS-R to the victor on my car.

I'd suggest the victor 5.0. Yes, it will most likely need to be milled. I had to have mine milled .094" on the sides and .154" on the end rails if I recall. It isn't hard to figure it out, I thought it would be a hassle but it wasn't. It just adds more cost to the swap. You will also need to do something for crankcase ventilation. You have a few options here. Most will suggest running breather filters off each valve cover but they usually end up leaking and getting hot oil on the headers. I tried this first but then ended up running a vented breather tank with a 5/8" heater hose off each oil fill tube.

I also ended up needing to buy a custom throttle bracket from mcmachine.

You can remove the valve covers w/o removing the upper with the victor.

When they say it's a 'race' intake, they mean it. It isn't for the 'just bolt it on and go' kind of guy. Fwiw, I swapped from a TFS-R to the victor on my car.

Sound like a tool asking but how will I know if it needs to be milled? Just take my heads and intake in to the machine shop to do it?

I run breathers right now, no issues with ventilation but will mostly likely go back to a breather tank.

Why did you need a custom bracket? I was hoping to run my egr delete plate.

Why'd you make the switch from The "R"? THe victor is 4000-7000 rpm working range, I'm not too concerned about keeping it under 4000 but won't be taking it up that high. (stock block)

I do like the fact I can take the V/C's off. Do you run tall covers, wondering if I'll need a spacer with it.

Thanks

When you put the intake on with the gasket, snug a few bolts and take a look down the ports. You will more than likely see that the intake is sitting higher in relation to the head ports. See this thread I made on hardcore50 for all the info you need to figure out how much needs to be milled. Victor 5.0 lower intake install problems - Hardcore 5.0 - The Hardcore Ford Drag Racers Forum

I switched to the victor because the R was causing the combo to die off sooner than I wanted. It peaked at 6,100 on my car and I wanted it to go higher.

I run a accufab tb/spacer and the stock throttle bracket wouldn't bolt on all the way so I had to order a custom one. I don't remember what it was interfering with.

You will need a spacer for tall valve covers.