finally bought a car and its a NOTCH

daviszx3

Jun 3, 2007
maryland
monday i went and picked up my car that i bought off ebay its a 1990 notch 5speed, its white with blue interior got it from the original owner with only 75000 miles...the car had been sitting for a while but got it runing monday night and runs great..the car could use a paint job other than that its in great shape...ill try and post pics soon

• Sponsors (?)

No offense but its beat and probabbly has rot and frame damage... Over paid.. and since its in the maryland area the guy may not have the title and after so many years of ownership you dont need the title in Md so it will make it harder for you to get one..

i've washed the car and been driving it all week its already passed md inspection there isnt any rot at all on the car. the car is in very good condition all it needs is some paint and would be like new

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

here are recent pics

Great Deal!!! Dude my notch was in the same shape, except it had no damage. It had been sitting at my friend's house for years. He sold it out from under me in 2005 to some guy and it had 53,000 miles on it. The dude drove it to work everyday and didn't touch it mechanically. He put 9,500 miles on it that year and sold it to me for $4,000.

I bought it March of last year with 61,800 I think. Now it sits in my garage with only 64,000 miles, not bad for a year and a half. I've only put 2k on it, and 400 of those miles are from the drive home.

It'll sit like that most of the rest of it's life unless I get stuck and have to drive it.

Make sure to change the belt, hoses, oil, and give it a tune up :nice:

The day I bought it:

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Glad to see you lucked out too :nice:

most everyone will say little bolt ons like a shifter and gears and stuff, but i go right for the engine, I got my 7up car about 3 months ago and in 2 days it will almost have a full h/c/i, lacking are the heads, but I would do a nice 373 gear and some underdrive pullies, then go find a mass air sensor out of a 94-95 gt mustang and swap it in it is a 70mm piece instead of the stock 55, you can actualy feel it gain with those mods, next go buy some nice headers, and some mufflers, pull the cats for now, but keep them because of inspection, and then go buy an off road piece that has no cats, and it will keep goin faster, then do a nice heads, cam, and intake package, and youll be good for high 12's!!

Chassis, suspension, drivetrain, brakes, and weight reduction should come first, THEN the motor, lastly. All the HP/torque in the world isn't good for anything if you can't put it to the ground.

Good find! I paid only a hair less than that for my notch, and it was a total turd at the time with WAY more miles. I'm jealous. :nice:

I paid 2400 for mine. Minor body damage like little shopping cart dents. Runs great, 119k miles on purchase, interior decent, no mechanical problems, new tires. I paid maybe a bit much, but I haven't been able to find one in as good shape as mine was for any cheaper. I'd have had to go out of state to find one better.