Finally broke 13sec and 100mph!

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Although I ran a new best tonight, I know for a fact my car has more in it! :mad: My first two runs were 14.1 @ 97-98mph with a 2.08 60' time. My third run was my best of a 13.713 @ 101.90mph and boy oh boy did the slip lady raise hell because I wasnt wearing my helmet for that run :rlaugh: My next to runs were 14.0 @ 101.02, 101.06mph with a 2.18 and 2.24 60' time :bang: Had the bad lane for thoes two runs. And my last run I missed 4th... :shrug: thought my transimssion fell out along the way and ended up with a 14.5 @ 88mph :lol: so I'm going to go with my 1/8 mile on that one which was a 9.003 @ 80.63mph with a 2.14 60'

Heres my 3 best runs...

13.713 @ 101.90mph 60' 2.023
14.041 @ 101.06mph 60' 2.185
14.078 @ 101.02mph 60' 2.245

I know my car has a lot more potential in it, and I know by 60' times need improvment... but I can tell theres something missing from my car. How much of a hold back is the stock MAF? I should probably switch out my Performer 5.0 for an RPM too. I also need a fuel pressure reg which I should be ordering soon. Anyone else got any ideas, questions, comments please let me know. I want to get my car running its best.

• Sponsors (?)

I ran my times with the stock MAF, so its really no hold back.

Your lacking some serious MPH. I wonder what the problem is though? I would stick with the intake you have, the RPM would be a waste right now. First figure out why your missing a good 5 mph, then start changing the combo..

yellow1995Cobra said:
I ran my times with the stock MAF, so its really no hold back.

Your lacking some serious MPH. I wonder what the problem is though? I would stick with the intake you have, the RPM would be a waste right now. First figure out why your missing a good 5 mph, then start changing the combo..
Well I was going to trade intakes for the RPM and see if I like that better. If I do its mine, if not I give it back so I won't really be losing any money on that one. I think by my intake only being able to make power up to 5500rpm (according to Edel's web site) that I'm losing power from that because I can't rev my heads up higher.

Well, killercanary runs an edel performer and shifts at 6100 i believe. I ran a typhoon(rpm clone) and shifted at 6k. The typhoon worked for me, but i never did try a regular performer. If it is free, i would try it for sure.

Did you degree the cam in?

1105 said:
so I'm going to go with my 1/8 mile on that one which was a 9.003 @ 80.63mph with a 2.14 60'

What was your 1/8 mile time on the 13 sec run? I've run an [email protected] with my stock headed, cammed, TB, and MAF. Seems to be a little off for your combo. I would still expect the MPH to up some where around 104-105 with your sixty. Get a dyno tune and see what's up.

Jake

What are you shifting at? If you are shifting at 5500, then there's your prblem right there. **** it at 6000 and see what happens. I shift ~6000. You want to shift higher than the hp peak by a few hundred rpm.

Killercanary said:
What are you shifting at? If you are shifting at 5500, then there's your prblem right there. **** it at 6000 and see what happens. I shift ~6000. You want to shift higher than the hp peak by a few hundred rpm.

Killer, he said in the other thread he started that he dropped 4 10ths by shifting at 5500 instead of 6k.

Makes me wonder if the the cam could be severly retarded?

My 1/8 mile on my 13sec run was 8.852 @ 80.77mph

How do you adjust the cam? do you need an adjustable timing chain? If you do, I dont have one. It's just a normal timing chain so I dont think I can adjust it.

Hmmm...there is something going on with your car. You should be trapping a minimum of 104 mph with that H/C/I combo. Especailly at a sea level track.

Like Jake said, I've gone 8.7 @ 80mph in the 1/8th with stock heads, stock cam, and I had stock headers.

I'll be thinking of things that could contribute to your missing horsepower.

Could my car be running really lean at high rpm because I still have the stock 19lb injectors and stock fuel pressure reg? Also, what about the stock air intake? I know its not good but it alone couldnt hurt my ET that much could it?

How do you advance/retard the cam and find out how it is right now?

Yes, both of the dots were lined up when we installed the cam, but I did not get an adjustable timing chain for my car. Should I invest in oue and put it in when I go to work on my car here in a month or two?

The screen for my maf it taken out, sensors are clean, and I removed that bar going in the middle of it but really didn't notice any improvment.

The reason why I don't have a MAF and injectors right now is because I have bigger plans for my car that will require 42lb injectors and a blow through MAF so I don't want to waste my money on 24's and a draw through MAF.

Well, It may be "nit-picky", but removing that bar on the MAF would cause a slightly lean condition.

If you dont want to replace them now, I guess you could just get an adj. pressure regulator and pump up the pressure a couple pounds. That would probably be the cheapest way to solve a potentially lean mixture.

I am no expert but it sounds to me like you need at least a 190lph fuel pump, C&L 76mm w/elbow and calibrated for 24lb injectors. Make sure your cam is right around 14*, and DO NOT warm up your tires before you run unless you are using slicks...with what you have on your car I would expect to see 13.1-13.25 runs out of your car.

Like I previously stated... I'm not getting 24lb injectors, a Pro-M maf righ, or a 190lhp fuel pump right now BECAUSE with the mods I have planned for the near future (month - 2 months) I'll need 42lb injectors, a Pro-M Univer maf, and a 255lph fuel pump along with a regulator.

My tires have to be heated up nicely to grip well because they are the Nitto 555R's.

Dan on this board ran a 12.9 @ 105 or 106mph with the stock injectors/maf so I don't see why my car wouldnt be able to do that too.