Finally got to the track. Ran 12.7s with bolt-ons, 93 5.0

Visceral

Jun 23, 2003
Portland, OR
So most of you by now know the car. Little white K-car looking notch. Took it to PIR for the first time since May. I cant really call it a "stock longblock" anymore since I did 1.7ratio rockers and a Cobra intake. Temperature was OK, but humidity was LAME. So theres a tenth left somewhere in weather. I hadnt been racing all summer, so I wasnt powershifting until the last run (and it didnt work as well as I hoped)...

Best run of 5...

60'- 1.657
330'- 5.148
1/8- 8.071
mph- 83.19
1000- 10.608
1/4- 12.746
mph- 105.27

last run, after all the big boys had gone home and taken their rubber with them (not as good 60') I tried powershifting and missed the 3-4 shift (almost the easiest one too), hitting the limiter and getting kicked out for noise. It took me a sec to get it back in 4th. WIth all that in mind, this could have been my 12.6 run :(

60'- 1.679
330'- 5.154
1/8- 8.066 <----Best yet for me
mph- 82.98
1000- 10.742
1/4- 12.962
mph- 102.02

So Im feeling that she has a 12.6 in her as she sits.

Major props to Nate (Stangler) for loaning me his helmet. I pulled my usual screwup trying to get to the track quickly, and this time it was.... forgetting my helmet. I would not have been able to run had it not been for Nate, so many thanks to him... I also forgot my weed sprayer at the track, so for a few folks wont be able to ask where the weeds are under my hood :(

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

HairyCanary said:
... even if it is a fugly little white notch... :jester:

Thanks! You know... those new Cobras sure look nice. In fact, downright pretty. But you know the deal with "All Show, No Go", right? Could you go check that for me? :D

:jester:

You going tonight?

Your brother didnt *quite* run his number yesterday so he's on the quest for a Prelude speed sensor. Apparently if he finds one he thinks he'll go again tonight. :shrug:

Visceral said:
Thanks! You know... those new Cobras sure look nice. In fact, downright pretty. But you know the deal with "All Show, No Go", right? Could you go check that for me? :D
Tell me again about "No Go" after I trap 6 or 7 mph faster than your little white box... :) Maybe when Keith isn't looking I'll jack up his car and steal the DR's for a few runs :lol:.

You going tonight?
Yep. Why, you going back? :D

Your brother didnt *quite* run his number yesterday so he's on the quest for a Prelude speed sensor. Apparently if he finds one he thinks he'll go again tonight.
Yah, I was just on the phone with him. 16.x seems acceptable to me for a late 80's Honda Accord :shrug:. He thinks it should be good for low 15's when its running right... that's getting close to actual "quick car" territory though, not exactly where I expect to see a Honduh... :jester:

Dave

Thanks... but Im willing to tell anyone the secret...

Abuse the living sh&* out of it.

That's it... Its a FORD, not a Bugatti. Treat it like it was stolen, and never look back.
Then you can sound like you are shifting fast too ;)

Hey Chris, I've got to know,... Do you have GT40-p heads sitting in your garage? If so,.. I would like to come by and see them for some header measurements? I got to talking to Waterbong :D last night and I have an idea for the same heads on Hanky. PM me if this sounds cool. If ya need the skull cap again, just let me know.

Nate