Finally got a Cobra (my dream car!)

TNAVY

Sep 19, 2018
Oregon
Hey everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Navy vet who's 30 years old that lives in the great Pacific Northwest. I finally purchased the one car that has had a lasting impact on me from when I was a kid, the 1996 SVT Cobra. It is Laser Red with Cobra R styled rims. I will post some pictures once I get it back from the transmission shop (Insert crappy T-45 joke here!). I understand as far as Cobra's go, the 1996 is basically the redheaded stepchild compared to the newer year Cobra's, but this is my dream car. When i was a kid, my best friends old man bought a 1996 cobra that was laser red brand spanking new. It was a beautiful car, it sounded amazing and at the time it was as nutty as a squirrel turd (seemed crazy fast) when you got on it. I'm now a father of two kids, and have a 6 year old son that I needed to save from becoming a Honda turd when he got older. He loves it, I love it- life is good!

My modifications include a short shifter, intake and a tune. My future modifications will be a BBK O/R H pipe with flow master american thunder series cat back's and a set of 3.73 gears, all of which are sitting in my garage awaiting install. I will also add, THIS IS MY FIRST EVER FORD PURCHASE and I absolutely do NOT regret it despite the transmission issues.

I hope to make an impact with my membership and look forward to meeting a few members!

• Sponsors (?)