Finally Got A Dyno Tune

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Whell, I made 275hp/310Tq At the wheels yesterday. Im actually quite happy after seeing how restrictive my intake is, The lower i have, from the explorer is about a 1/4 smaller around portwise then my gt40p heads. The car was really lean through the whole rpm range the way i had it.Also, i found that My #7 sparkplug boot completely melted off, at the end. so....i may be arcing because i can hear a sound in my radio in sync with a cyl firing. Over all im Super happy because i had a HUGE dip, lean wise at half-rpm. Now this thing has soo much torque that it dident in the midrange. HE also turned off the Tip in retard, it gets 2nd soo much easier now lol., he Turned the fans on at 180, and set the rev limiter at 6,000. And the car idles now!! it was wayy lean at idle, so in my opinion, definatly worth the money, it drives like a stock car again, driveability wise! I KNOW i could get more power with a better intake, but at this point im ready to step it up with a supercharger....so... ill leave the intake for now. He had said that the huge lean spot in the mid rpm may have been the c+l housing i have, and that since ill be getting a supercharger, then i should definatly get another MAF, but for now, he tuned around it.Im really happy, and it put a smile on my face driving it back home.
Over all, not bad at all for a 55k $650 Junkyard Explorer motor!

• Sponsors (?)

I really like the cam. Now that its tuned, it has a nice lope, etc. The dynotune and chip cost $500. In my opinion, WELL worth it, i got like 6 dyno pulls while he was tuning it, etc. the car runs real good. I think if i was to do something i would just get a typhoon intake, because i can really see how much that lower is holding me back. but like i said, im going to invest in a s/c now. Im not all about getting the "magic 300 rwhp" on my car, since i cant even do longtubes. Anyhow, i really dident do bad imo, and there is room for improvement

yeah i went to dez. he is a great guy, and knew alot about the 94/95's! He really specializes in superchargers too!. As far as the track....VERY soon, my buddy is getting his camaro back from crashing it, and we'll be going up to the track shortly, i got everything i need now for the track inspection!