FINALLY got a winter "beater"

1TallMF

Apr 17, 2006
Montreal
Well, not exactly, but its a new DD for me. I know I know.... I once thought I'd be the last guy to ever own any japanese-made vehicular object, but for some reason I really liked this one since it came-out in 2003, and now I own one. All opinions aside, the fact remains that this thing seems to drive through ANYTHING I put it through, its amazing how well it handles the insane snow we get here, like its dry pavement. Well, after being stuck in a storm once with the mustang, probably anything is a 3,000,000% improvement.

I bought it 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for good weather to take pics, but its snowing all the time here, so here it is:

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

And some crappy cell-phone pics:

n513941181_316459_4966.jpg

n513941181_316450_1858.jpg

I know its probably not everyone's cup of tea, but its everything I want that the mustang isn't: smooth as a baby's butt, quiet (almost silent), very roomy, is extremely luxurious inside, has HID's!, good ground clearance, can (supposedly) tow 3500lbs, and is decent on gas. The 'stang is now officially a summer/weekend/project car.

And now for the tragedy....

I recently had to move 1000 miles away to start a new job and, long story short, I was able to bring the mustang with me for almost free, so I did. But I ended-up in a damn apartment complex again, so hence the mod list will be very limited this year :Damnit:
Here she is in her current state :nonono: :

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

I'm surely going to hell for this... :rolleyes:
But fear not, I get an underground parking for it at the end of this week. It'll be fine. :hide:

I think this is my first thread since..... may 2007?
Giggiddy giggiddy gii - gaaa - deeee

• Sponsors (?)

Nissan I think. Murano?? I alwasy thought Id never own a foreign car either but now I have a 97 Eclipse that I drive on the bad winter days. Saves me a lot on gas plus I dont have to worry about wrecking the stang.

:SNSign:

NICE :nice:

Now put a cover on that stang!!

hehe thats why I'm going to hell, I have a cover here with me but I'm too damn lazy to go out in the cold to put it on. Anyways, I'm going to un-bury it this weekend to put it in the underground parking here :nice:

Funny thing is, even tough its mostly covered in snow, the exposed paint sections still make it shinier than all other cars in the lot :rolleyes:

Nice. Good idea to get an AWD car. I just bought an 02 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 5 speed. Havent had it in the snow yet, but I don't expect any problems.

I was all over the place. For the longest time I wanted to buy an Audi A4, but then I decided I wanted more space to haul stuff like camping gear and furniture and car parts, then I also considered for a long time to buy an F150, but then couldn't justify the need to have a truck box and guzzle gas when I would only put it to full use a couple times a year. The murano seemed to fit nicely in between those options.
And even though its a nice looking suv, I still get all horny when I see the 'stang sitting there, looking sexy :D

I was going to say......... all your beaters are nicer than anything I have period. Duncan's 'beater' is in the same boat (as is Mike's). :nice:

Congrats on the new ride. :banana:
For some of us, our 94-95 stangs are the newest cars we've ever owned. :eek:

very nice. i'm going to get a buick rendezvous in the next couple weeks to replace my busted up jeep cherokee. i love the idea of a crossover. the murano was what i was thinking about but decided to go american and a bit bigger.

and yes, yes you are going to hell for not covering it :D

nice find man. I've always liked nissans, out of all the japanese brands i'd say theyre my favorite, my parents have owned several of them over the years. Getting a beater or simply another dd is the only way to go if you live someplace that gets snow. I'll never go back to only having one car (provided i can afford it).

Thanks for the props guys, I really enjoy driving it. The only downside I see about it is parts could get really pricey as it gets older and requires maintenance, especially with the ridiculous amount of gadgets and electronics on it.

That being said, it could be worse.... could've gotten a chevy! :rlaugh:

Good pics.... finally

So I finally washed the Nissan by hand, for a change. I guess I can join the "people who are sad their DD looks better than their 'stang" club.
Does any of your guys' girlfirends/wifes like your other vehicle more than your 'stang? Most girls hate it because its too loud and rough-riding. If it weren't a convertible, my gf would hate it too :(

Anyways, here's for the ladies.....
(yeah, still alot of snow, but trust me, I am THRILLED to finally be able to see asphalt)

View attachment 324422
View attachment 324423
View attachment 324424
View attachment 324425
View attachment 324426
View attachment 324427
View attachment 324428

Notice the tree reflection.... looks crazy
View attachment 324429
View attachment 324430

My two babies
View attachment 324431