Finally Got Another Stang! 95 Gt

9646gt

Apr 7, 2005
Holloman AFB,NM
Ok so I don't have pics yet because I won't have the car for about another week and a half, but I am too excited to wait to post! I have previously had an 89 LX 90 GT 96 GT and an 01 GT. I sold the boosted 01 GT last year because I got bit by the handling bug when I rode in a buddies s2000. I was amazed how it handled on a road course and had to have one so I stupidly sold my supercharged GT to buy one. don't get me wrong, it's an amazing car but I missed the sound and feel of my stang so bad. So it's up for sale right now and I have bought a 95 GT in Rio Red with the grey fr500 wheels. It's mainly stock and is high mileage but is a one owner car that belongs to a friend of mine. He has done a ton of maintenance on it minus a rebuild on the motor. It has 186K but runs so strong with no smoking or burning oil. I figure it should last a good bit longer as I don't plan to mod it right away and will not be tracking it.

I'm hoping to build a nice N/A motor with about 300ish hp to the wheels and then do a really good suspension and road course it from time to time. I am so glad to be back in the Mustang community! Hopefully I settle in to a good forum, it seems that most forums break up us 94-95 guys in our own world and I really wish all the forums just had a good general 94-98 section for anything not engine related lol. Anyway, here is the list of everything he has done to the car so far to keep it in good shape. I can already see that those rear control arms need to go as I have heard terrible things about the poly bushings they use! Also the paint is shot on the car but I am getting it repainted as soon as my s2000 sells in PPG Rio red and clear with a cobra R 2.5 hood View attachment 144287 And throwing on some smoked head lights and 96-98 rear tails since I don't want to deal with trying to get 94-95 ones painted.

Ok here we go, lol all were replace in feb 2009, with around 650 miles on them.
Rims & Tires, Front 17x9, Rear 17x10.5 - SVE rims & Sumorotto Tires Shocks, front and rear - KYB Springs, front and rear - Eibach Sway Bar end links Drive shaft - Ford Racing Aluminum Diff cover - Ford Motorsport SVO Aluminum Axel shaft bearings and seals - Federal Mogual Rear ABS sensors - Ford Rear Upper and Lower control arms with grease fittings - Blue Oval Industries Transmission & Motor mounts - Prothane
Clutch- Ford Racing 10.5
Clutch Cable - Ford Motorsport
Clutch Cable Firewall Adjuster - UPR Aluminum Clutch Quadrant - UPR Aluminum Rear Main Seal & pilot Bearing Flywheel 50oz - Ford Motorsport Shifter - Pro 5.0 Headers Stainless Steel - Pypes Harmonic Balancer 50oz - Ford Motorsport Under Drive Pulleys - UPR Aluminum Smog Pump Delete Pulley - UPR Aluminum Radiator - CRX Racing 2 Core Aluminum Distributor - MSD Pro Billet Coil - MSD Blaster Plug Wires - MSD Spark Plugs - Ford Motorsport Electric fan motor - Ford Driver side door hinges - Ford Battery - Wal-Mart Everstart "replaced in 2010"

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a good starting point. 300hp can be reached with a H/C/I install. look at the trick flow setup.

as far as the suspension, it's really no different then all the other stangs you've owned. all the same except for slight variations in axle length.

Should have her home on Friday I hope. Can't wait! Will be busy all weekend getting her cleaned up then starting some maintenance. As soon as my s2k sells she is getting apint and the hood. I am rethinking my goals and looking to build between 350-400 rwhp and do coil over suspension with maybe a 3 link type setup in the rear for some mean cornering.

My 01 GT made 375 to the wheels on boost when I was done with it and was a ton of fun. But this time around I jsut prefer a good reliable N/A 350-400 hp setup :)