Finally got dyno tuned!!!!

1low03gt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 24, 2004
Cold Hell,Ontario,Canada!!
Finally got my sled tuned this past week.For the mods i have,i'm very impressed.In stock form,she dyno'd 230 hp,and 275/280 ft- lbs of torque when she had 1500 kilometers on her.
Now,with VT stage II cams,comp cam valve springs,with the stock unported heads,ported/hogged upper plenum,with stock throttle body,intake spacer,K&N,Mac h pipe,welded in 2 1/2 flowmaster 40's,and a SCT tune by a good body of mine,she pulled 285.9 hp,and 342.6 ft lbs of torque :eek: .There is more,but it was a muggy,hot day.I like to do a few more bolt ons,and re do it again.Im on the quest to 300 hp n/a.We will see. :D
Here is the graph.F.Y.I...the rpm's are out a little on the print out. :shrug: And yes,this was on a loaded dyno. :nice:
545080_97_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

HP sounds alright but torque is definitely bogus. With my VT stage 2's on a Mustang dyno with full exhaust and PI heads, cams, intake, and CAI, I only put down 275HP and 302 Torque. I don't think the old 340+ is right. Just my .02 though.

wtf torque beast.. with my vt stage 2's and all the bolt ons I only had 310 rwtq.. i gained 4 from the cams. so yeah that's crazy. are those numbers SAE corrected? since you said it was hot it could be adding a ton, I dunno.

Thanks guys!!! :)

Hey some of you can call B.S on the torque all you want.The graph is there. :shrug:
This car has been a freak from the day i got her off the dealership parking lot.:shrug: She's been strong from the get go.
And i wouldn't be posting b.s,believe me,and ain't no punk kid looking for attention(no offence to anyone).I'm married,and have a kid,and am of the age above 30. :D So got better things to do.
Anyways back to topic. :nice:
The torque caught us of guard,didn't expect that at all.
First pull was 280.0 and 337.8 ft-lbs.We were like,oh *****!!!
Did a little more tweeking,then second pull was 283.6 hp and 341.2 ft-lbs. We looked at each other and went :eek:
The third pull he did a few more adjustsments,and she spat out 285.9 and 342.6 ft-lbs.We again klokked at each other and went :jaw: . :shrug:

Go to a different dyno, unfortunatly that ones not calibrated correctly. I have seen this before, and when people go to a regular dynojet, the #s straighten right up.

Look at it, your power is dropping FAST @6K...you should be darn near flatlining @ 6K.
According to the chart you would have lost 35RWHP from 5K-6K. So let me ask you, do you feel a 35HP loss? And does the car feel the strongest @ only 5K? You WILL feel a BIG loss if its loosing that much power by 6K.

Next is the troque...stock headed 2Vs wont put down that much torque. Reason being is that if it made THAT much torque...the cars power would have to be on a SERIOUS decline just past the torque peak to make 285 (or around that, what a 2V can make). But the cams are designed to HOLD the power to a higher RPM. So with 345 TQ, that would be a good 360+ RWHP being N/A and a 2V with no VVT.

Sorry man :( , but still for being jacked and on that type of dyno...those are some awsome #s :nice: But apparently it is tuned to a good A/F, so throw it on a local dyno jet and see what happens.

1low03gt said:
Thanks guys!!! :)

Hey some of you can call B.S on the torque all you want.The graph is there. :shrug:
This car has been a freak from the day i got her off the dealership parking lot.:shrug: She's been strong from the get go.
And i wouldn't be posting b.s,believe me,and ain't no punk kid looking for attention(no offence to anyone).I'm married,and have a kid,and am of the age above 30. :D So got better things to do.
Anyways back to topic. :nice:
The torque caught us of guard,didn't expect that at all.
First pull was 280.0 and 337.8 ft-lbs.We were like,oh *****!!!
Did a little more tweeking,then second pull was 283.6 hp and 341.2 ft-lbs. We looked at each other and went :eek:
The third pull he did a few more adjustsments,and she spat out 285.9 and 342.6 ft-lbs.We again klokked at each other and went :jaw: . :shrug:

Where was that done at?

i do believe that some gts come out stronger then others. my buddys gt is stronger than mine was when i was stock. no way there was that kind of difference though. nice numbers either way. i also say somthing is wrong with the rwtq #. :shrug:

that is way stronger then everyone elses. the type of difference that you would get out of my car and get into yours and say " damn this car is way stronger" i dont think that would be the case.