Finally got my car to stop dumping fuel but one problem..Help?

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Well my car has been sitting for 2 months as some of you know from various problems with my H/C/I install. It is almost out of intensive care now and it seems we have one more issue.

When I plug the MAF in, it bogs when we throttle it. With the MAF off it runs good. After checking seemingly everything on the car, we called Granatelli and they said it is possible that the MAF is bad.

Is this what it sounds like or is there anything else that might cause the engine to run like poop when the MAF is plugged in?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Does it run bad during part throttle, or just WOT? During WOT only the maf is used (O2's aren't really used), and if it runs better with it unplugged (PCM uses preset values to determine a/f ratio) then it's most definitely the maf.

Thanks for the input guys. I put a summit 75mm cai MAF on there and it runs much better and no more Bog. Now just need to set the timing right and it will be ready. I havent driven it in 2 months!

I must say the Granatelli AND Pro - m did not seem up to par compared to the summit MAF. The summit connected directly into my factory connector where as the Granatelli had the WORST adapter known to man on it. Very loose and unstable fit. AND the pro-m (sold by brothers) required you to chop into your factory harness!!:jaw: