Finally got my first car!!

nick6690

Mar 2, 2008
McDonough, GA
I went and looked at it Friday night and my parents went and picked it up saturday morning. Its a 91 hatch with a rebuilt 5.0. Its pretty much stock except for flowmasters, x pipe, shortie headers, k&n, msd ignition, and a b&m shifter. I picked it up for $5,200 so im pretty happy. It spins the tires through 1st gear and some in 2nd :D. I got the cops called on me already and ive only had it for 2 days. They said they got complaints about a speeding vehicle through my neighborhood :mad: Anyways im happier than ive ever been right now.

nickscar001vs8.jpg
[/URL]
nickscar001vs8.02490987fe.jpg
nickscar002td8.jpg
[/URL]
nickscar002td8.0e581eb3f2.jpg
nickscar003eo9.jpg
[/URL]
nickscar003eo9.ea8461bf95.jpg
nickscarox8.jpg
[/URL]
nickscarox8.b1eb3745b0.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Great looking Fox! I really like it. Please dont become one of thoes douches driving it though. Fox owners only reciently get respect and the cars are not looked down on anymore, dont ruin the progress :fuss: :D

I went and looked at it Friday night and my parents went and picked it up saturday morning. Its a 91 hatch with a rebuilt 5.0. Its pretty much stock except for flowmasters, x pipe, shortie headers, k&n, msd ignition, and a b&m shifter. I picked it up for $5,200 so im pretty happy. It spins the tires through 1st gear and some in 2nd :D. I got the cops called on me already and ive only had it for 2 days. They said they got complaints about a speeding vehicle through my neighborhood :mad: Anyways im happier than ive ever been right now.

Congrats now slow that ****er down. :notnice:

That engine is clean! With th 3g alt and the R-134 conversion done right and the HD hoses you can see the car was well loved and taken care of :nice:

dude dont kill yourself in it, be safe, or you'll end up like i did with my first fox... not trying to scare you, jack your thread, or anything, but dont make the same dumbass mistakes i did. heres some pics, again, im not trying to scare you.

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0112.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

my left kneecap was shattered, heres a pic (not my actual leg) of what it looked like after $8,000 worth of surgery...

View attachment 314791

x-ray, (also not mine, but identical)
acutrak7a_large.jpg

before i broke my leg i was a wrestler in highschool, i wrestled 171lb weight class, i graduated in 06 in a cast at about 185lbs. heres a pic of me at prom, i could barely walk as i was in a full fiberglass leg cast.

View attachment 314793

so with the broken leg came down time, i spent a month on the couch, and for 6 months after the accident it hurt too bad to exercise, i gained about 80 pounds.
View attachment 314794

about a year ago i started working out again and now im back to a healthy 210lbs with some muscle packed on.
View attachment 314795

i have a new fox, a 90GT, 331, fivespeed. I drive it like a grandmother 90% of the time on the street, i dont speed, and i am respectful of other people on the road. I look back at myself now and think how lucky i was to not have been hurt much more seriously or worse. Im not trying to preach to you at all, thats dumb, i know the kid in me 3-4 years ago prolly woulda told the man i am now to **** off and burnt rubber in his face. And im not trying to tell you that horsing around is wrong, i still do it, its just there is most deffinately a time and place to be an idiot with your car, and around you, or anybodies neighborhood, isnt the place. Im 21 now and i still love foxes, and im happy for you, your car looks awesome, but i hope you dont **** up like i did, cuz every time i walk up a flight of stairs, ride a bike, dance with a hot girl, work the centerforce on my gt, i get a sharp reminder of why its NOT worth it. not to mention the huge scar on my left knee. I hope all you younger guys, 15-20 somethings, get something out of all the **** i put myself through. Have fun with your car man, its a really nice car btw, be safe, and keep outta trouble!

riceslayer im glad you got things back on track. my dad and i used to go look at this one autoglass place that sold foxes. they always had 7-12 of them for sale at one time, and the guy that sold them found out it was for me we were looking and he told my dad to be careful, hes seen allot of kids come through, buy them, and go hurt themselves. after more convincing of my dad i finally was able to get my 5.0 and trust me its better to be safer than sorry. your cars in one piece now, keep it that way.

engine looks well cared for, but i say the floormats and pedal covers and steerin wheel cover should go.

also what do you mean his r134a conversion was done right. how do you tell?

Looks pretty good, not liking the stripes all that much, but as long as you are happy with it. Be careful with it, especially in the rain, I can remember getting sideways more then once on the highway during a rainstorm in my 89.