Finally got my mustang back from the shop

15 months is crazy to me, ya sure I get the full restoration on an exotic or classic muscle car but 15 months has to be with no work being done on the car for weeks at a time each month.

This is precisely why I have gradually gone from dedicating 2500-3500 for a paint job on my car to now thinking I should just try my hand at it myself. For me I cannot justify spending more on a paint job than the entire car cost me, all for it to be worth $6k in the end if I were to sell it.

• Sponsors (?)

And in most cases... those 15month jobs are full restos including interiors, drivelines, engines etc... A paint job can take very little time depending on the straightness and condition of the body, and painting surface. Prep is what takes the most time, when I did my car in my garage, it took me well over 2 months straight of 6-8hrs a day of body work, and I didn't even come close to a show quality smooth finish... granted I come to find out, that the guy who painted it (stepdad) also didn't know jack about quality paint jobs. Now, I'm finding myself with a painted stang that is now peeling at every contact edge... granted it still looks 10 times better than it did before

You should file a breach of contract claim against them in small claims court. One of these Magistrates will have jurisdiction over Martin's but you should call to find out first. Then, just go down and fill out and file a complaint.

Cumberland County (09)
District Court: 09-2-02
Jessica E. Brewbaker
18 North Hanover Street, Suite 106
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone: 717-240-6564
Fax: 717-240-7821

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumberland County (09)
District Court: 09-2-01
Paula P. Correal
2260 Spring Road, Suite 3
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone: 717-218-5250
Fax: 717-218-5253

do that ^. i wouldnt settle for that. 3 thousand odd dollars would have bought you allot of hookers and blow. any idiot can rattle can flat black and slap some cobra brakes on there.

i would definatly put an ad on craigslist too saying not to go there

I sorry for what happened to you, but at the same time I'm not. 99% of body shops are "production" shops. They have to pay their bills just like you and me. Your "project" that you drop off is less of a concern than a single mother of two that has to get her kids to school and get to work before getting fired!

If you want "show quality" then you should expect to pay 6K or more. If you don't then you should expect to wait until they get around to it. If you just wanted it flat black then you should have gone down to the local auto parts store and bought a case of flat black, some masking tape, and pulled the news paper out of your recycling bin.

My question is this: Does the name of the shop have "Custom" or "Restoration" in the name?

I would personally walk away from any shop that does mechanical and body work under the same roof, It's like oil and water! I am not intentionally trying to be a jerk, but this is the reality of it.