Finally got my stang dyno tested

Here's the results after 3 pulls that were conducted on the dynojet..All I know is the tuner had to add 6% more fuel due to the A/F mixture running a lean 13.5 @ WOT and although my max torque numbers seem to be pretty decent at 292.1 But on the other hand, it seems as though my max HP numbers are on the low side at 277.2 So my question is, did I lose any power after the corrections were made ? and if so.. would it be by a significant amount ?? Anyway, I'd be really grateful for any input and advice that you may have to offer...Thanks :) View attachment 439316
View attachment 439318
Picture022.jpg

View attachment 439322

• Sponsors (?)

red05bullitgt said:
Here's the results after 3 pulls that were conducted on the dynojet..All I know is the tuner had to add 6% more fuel due to the A/F mixture running a lean 13.5 @ WOT and although my max torque numbers seem to be pretty decent at 292.1 But on the other hand, it seems as though my max HP numbers are on the low side at 277.2 So my question is, did I lose any power after the corrections were made ? and if so.. would it be by a significant amount ?? Anyway, I'd be really grateful for any input and advice that you may have to offer...Thanks :) View attachment 439264
View attachment 439266
Picture022.jpg

View attachment 439270

Not sure on the HP Rocky. Do you have a corresponding column print out to show the max HPs?

Your TQ looks pretty good.

How do they get 292.1 max TQ being with a 291.7 + 1.02 ASE correction. Looks like the graph shows max TQ at 6.58, but on the column print out 291.7 is at 6.54. You know. I am blind after a hard day and brain dead.
Why do they perform the ASE correction? I have always wondered this?

Looks good to me! I need sleep/Night Rocky - Jenn/Out

Attachments

• Picture019.jpg
    Picture019.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture022.jpg
    Picture022.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 103
I would have thought that with the claims of Steeda CAI/high flow elbow your HP numbers would have been a lot higher. Did you ever get it dyno'd before adding all the other? If it does not gain like they claim and from what your numbers show they are at about half mark. Hopefully something is just not set right but I am curious about it now.

Look at my A/F, I don't know about the new GT's but it should be as flat as possiable to make max power and around A/F 12 is a good tune. An A/F of 13.5 on WOT is running very rich IMO. I'm sure your tailpipe is black.

ttown said:
Look at my A/F, I don't know about the new GT's but it should be as flat as possiable to make max power and around A/F 12 is a good tune. An A/F of 13.5 on WOT is running very rich IMO. I'm sure your tailpipe is black.
You've got it backwards on the A/F ratio, a bigger number is leaner.

radtexas said:
I would have thought that with the claims of Steeda CAI/high flow elbow your HP numbers would have been a lot higher. Did you ever get it dyno'd before adding all the other? If it does not gain like they claim and from what your numbers show they are at about half mark. Hopefully something is just not set right but I am curious about it now.
Rad ?? the problem is not with the Steeda CAI ok ?? It's my fault for not getting a baseline tune w/the stock tune and airbox first before dyno testing with the SCT and Steeda because you cannot know how much power was gained until knowing what your factory tune HP numbers and settings were..and the reason why I didn't get a baseline was because stupid lil me assumed the stock HP numbers were between 260 and 270 HP. However I also failed to realize that every car responds to tuning differently, in other words just because your GT/CS may get 260 HP stock ?? doesn't mean that I'll have the same HP numbers as yours ? and I also didn't realize that even though our mustangs are identical and have the very same engine ?? the PCM calibration for each car is different, in which I also didn't know until the person who did my dyno testing pointed that out to me..Therefore don't put the blame on the Steeda, blame me for my ignorance...Anyway, I'm in the process of setting up another appointment and will make certain to do both a stock baseline tune and then do a comparison with the Steeda and SCT performance tune..I will post the new dyno numbers showing results for both tunes A.S.A.P :bang:

red05bullitgt said:
Rad ?? the problem is not with the Steeda CAI ok ?? It's my fault for not getting a baseline tune w/the stock tune and airbox first before dyno testing with the SCT and Steeda because you cannot know how much power was gained until knowing what your factory tune HP numbers and settings were..and the reason why I didn't get a baseline was because stupid lil me assumed the stock HP numbers were between 260 and 270 HP. However I also failed to realize that every car responds to tuning differently, in other words just because your GT/CS may get 260 HP stock ?? doesn't mean that I'll have the same HP numbers as yours ? and I also didn't realize that even though our mustangs are identical and have the very same engine ?? the PCM calibration for each car is different, in which I also didn't know until the person who did my dyno testing pointed that out to me..Therefore don't put the blame on the Steeda, blame me for my ignorance...Anyway, I'm in the process of setting up another appointment and will make certain to do both a stock baseline tune and then do a comparison with the Steeda and SCT performance tune..I will post the new dyno numbers showing results for both tunes A.S.A.P :bang:

I learned something today as well. :) Maybe mine is over tuned and has 285 HP stock :D I did not realize that there is that much deviation from the same cars and motors. I would think of a +/- a few HP but not as dramatic as yours has shown. But I guess anything is possible.

there are also differences between dynos. dynos are made to tune your car and track performance increases. while most cars have similar #s, you can NOT compare #s from differnt dynos to each other. if you wamted a better comparision, dyno the cars on the same dyno for best results.

radtexas said:
I learned something today as well. :) Maybe mine is over tuned and has 285 HP stock :D I did not realize that there is that much deviation from the same cars and motors. I would think of a +/- a few HP but not as dramatic as yours has shown. But I guess anything is possible.
Yep, I sure learned something alright ?? and as usual it always ends up the hard way lol. but I'll make damn sure to get stock baseline numbers first before mods and then do another run with mods, then will be able to see the exact gains for both HP and Torque..As I mentioned in the last post, I wasn't thinking with a clear head and assumed that all 05 GT's and up had the same stock HP and Torque numbers at between 260 and 270 and that just isn't true, each car has a different calibration and responds to tuning differently..

bigcat said:
there are also differences between dynos. dynos are made to tune your car and track performance increases. while most cars have similar #s, you can NOT compare #s from differnt dynos to each other. if you wamted a better comparision, dyno the cars on the same dyno for best results.
That's also another factor I failed to realize as well. and you're right, not all dynojets are calibrated to measure HP and Torque curves in the same way, especially between a Dynojet and a Mustang Eddy Chassis Dyno.. If only I'd been thinking with a clear head instead of getting all caught up in trying to compare my car with everybody else's ? I would have realized these factors to begin with...:shrug:

I complained to the dealer that I purchaced my GT from about trottle lag. They are an SVT dealer and at 1k miles did a dyno tune on my car. The results were amazing to say the least. I didnt get a slip like you have, just a hugh performance difference. And a very slight gas mileage reduction.

APowers said:
I complained to the dealer that I purchaced my GT from about trottle lag. They are an SVT dealer and at 1k miles did a dyno tune on my car. The results were amazing to say the least. I didnt get a slip like you have, just a hugh performance difference. And a very slight gas mileage reduction.
and a huge :D

:rlaugh:

APowers said:
Being that the throttle lag is part of the Ford factory tune ? what did your dealer do about it ? did they do any computer retuning, in order to get rid of it ???