Finally got my Stang dynoed..#'s seem a little low.

DCBigpimpin

Jul 9, 2003
TN
Well I finally got my Stang dynoed. I was hoping for better #'s . Somewhere in the 250+rwhp & 290+rwtq range, but I guess I need to spend some more $$$$. This won't make my girl to happy (we're saving for rings & a house). But I just gotta do it . I'll try to get keep it on the "DL" from her . I made 5 pulls and kept the best 3 of the 5. My baseline & 2nd pull were made with the T/A @ 12* & my Pro M Optimizer was on the 1st notch above zero. My A/F ratio was lean @ 14+ from idle to redline.
Results:
1st was baseline which was ~ the same as 2nd pull.
2nd pull 245.2 hp & 282.5 tq.

Now on the 3rd pull I advanced my timing to 14* & set my Optimizer to just barely above zero (which resulted in a A/F ratio of 13.4 - 13.0 from idle to redline) I left the Optimizer there for the rest of the dyno session.
Results:
3rd pull 249.8 hp & 286.5 tq.

On the Fifth pull I set the T/A to 13*.
Results:
5th pull 248.9 hp & 288.0 tq.

So I'm guessing that's about 285 -290 hp & 335 -340 tq @ the FW. I guess that's not bad but I want MORE !!!!! It's time for a new mid pipe!

• Sponsors (?)

DCBigpimpin said:
Well I finally got my Stang dynoed. I was hoping for better #'s . Somewhere in the 250+rwhp & 290+rwtq range, but I guess I need to spend some more $$$$. This won't make my girl to happy (we're saving for rings & a house). But I just gotta do it . I'll try to get keep it on the "DL" from her . I made 5 pulls and kept the best 3 of the 5. My baseline & 2nd pull were made with the T/A @ 12* & my Pro M Optimizer was on the 1st notch above zero. My A/F ratio was lean @ 14+ from idle to redline.
Results:
1st was baseline which was ~ the same as 2nd pull.
2nd pull 245.2 hp & 282.5 tq.

Now on the 3rd pull I advanced my timing to 14* & set my Optimizer to just barely above zero (which resulted in a A/F ratio of 13.4 - 13.0 from idle to redline) I left the Optimizer there for the rest of the dyno session.
Results:
3rd pull 249.8 hp & 286.5 tq.

On the Fifth pull I set the T/A to 13*.
Results:
5th pull 248.9 hp & 288.0 tq.

So I'm guessing that's about 285 -290 hp & 335 -340 tq @ the FW. I guess that's not bad but I want MORE !!!!! It's time for a new mid pipe!

What are your other mods? Pullies, Cat Back, Intake Plenum, Throttle Body? Should you have reset the computer after advancing the Timing to 14 degrees?

Black2001GT said:
What are your other mods? Pullies, Cat Back, Intake Plenum, Throttle Body? Should you have reset the computer after advancing the Timing to 14 degrees?

I did that this morning. I did have time to do during the dyno. But I will leave the T/A @ 14* when I get to my next session.

Whats up mang!
I just responded to your thread over at our home board.
We need to get them out and play around some.
My last dyno was 232 with only 950 miles on it.
Now its got 4k miles on it and feels much stronger. I put a TFS plenum on and I've got a UPR o/r x-pipe and 70mm tb going on soon. We probably have similar numbers.

03-s281 said:
Whats up mang!
I just responded to your thread over at our home board.
We need to get them out and play around some.
My last dyno was 232 with only 950 miles on it.
Now its got 4k miles on it and feels much stronger. I put a TFS plenum on and I've got a UPR o/r x-pipe and 70mm tb going on soon. We probably have similar numbers.
It amazes me who you meet over the Internet. I just met a good guy from the rivergate area over on the Mustangworld.com forum the other weekn. Alot of the guys from that forum got together and went up the BB raceway. I had a good time except for the 30mph head wind (that & my noob driving skills killed my ET's). But it's good to know another Nashville TN stang owner. I doubt that we'll have similar #'s. You'll probably have me by a little, I still have the factory hpipe on :notnice: . I'm in the process of ordering either a MAC Prochamber :hail2: or the MRT catted hpipe :shrug:. You know I've probably seen you b4. R U near the Harding Place area? Man we should get together & run'em sometime :nice:! Just pm me! Oh yeah and the Saleen look :flag: :hail2: my favorite!