Finally got the stang back up and running

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
So its been 7 long weeks that my car has been broken down from a broken blocker in the transmission and also replace 1st and second synchros. Man let me tell u it was like having sex for the first time driving it around yesterday. Well maybe not quite but close. Next is 3.73's prolly within the next month. I also added a king cobra clutch which feels great, a firewall adjuster and quadrant. Couldn't be happier so far, clutch grabs soo much better than stock and its not as heavy as everyone puts it up to be. I ended up spending about $1200 for everything in the rebuild including the clutch so not too bad but that was with me removing and installing the clutch and transmission.

• Sponsors (?)

I envy you...

I put my car out of commision in early July and am still in the middle of replacing the tranny, and rebuilding the engine. I'm so so so sick of carpooling w/ my GF and driving a girl car it's not even funny! I CANNOT wait to start it up the first time again!

good job

Good to hear.
That price sounds about right.In march I did the exact same thing you did....t45 rebuild,firewall adj,quadrant,release fork,pivot ball,ram clutch,tranny mount,motor mounts, and a tri ax.Cost me a total of $1100...and thats also with me pulling the tranny.
I know what you mean on how everything feels to drive.:nice:

yea it would have been done quicker if the guy that did my transmission would have got it back to me quicker. He had it for five weeks alone cause parts he ordered kept getting screwed up. And trust me i hated driving around my gf's car and getting drove around in that time, at least i still had my bike to ride to give me my speed fix. Next for the car though is 3.73's and aluminum driveshaft

haha, your clutch is going to stiffen up in about a month, mine felt like butter when it came out the shop with the king cobra clutch...but now its a bit stiff, but not annoyingly stiff. but good job on the stang. i remember when mine was down...for about 1yr. so..i know your pain.