Finally Got To The Track!

Clair Smith

Apr 4, 2012
Norfolk Va
My first time racing a car, and the first time I've drag raced. It was a blast! Did twelve runs and had a best of 12.889, rt of .3999 @112.889 mph. The cat is stock save for the mgw shifter. Any one have some advice about dropping my rt and 60 ft time?
I Ended up doing the pressure in the rear tires to 20psi but I'm not sure it was any better than when I was at 25 psi. I think that my best launch rpm was at 2800, but that was a Bitch to try and maintain and give the tree the attention it deserved.
Any advice would be great, thanks :D
Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

• Sponsors (?)

Go on the third yellow, or even a little bit earlier. You really need to just play around with it and find out works best for you. Don't be afraid to go too early, I'd rather see a red light than a bad rt, especially if it is just a test and tune. Also, your rt and et are not related, so unless you are just trying to do it for personal satisfaction or you are going to be racing competitively, rt doesn't really matter.

Its all about personal satisfaction. I just want to be able to get the most out of the stock package before I start modifying it. Right now, that means getting odd the line well, and consistently.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2