finally installed rear sway bar.

Snail50

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2001
Miami
in case anyone's interested, I installed my rear sway bar tonight.
I did the front sway, front and rear springs, shocks, struts and urethane bushings a few weeks ago.
Before, without the rear sway, the car handled well but I could tell the rear was the weak link. It felt loose, with side to side play, and would lift a little in sharp corners.
Now it's very flat, I can snap the front into a turn and the rear follows almost perfectly flat. Very confident and smooth.
Damn, I love this car.

• Sponsors (?)

ha. too busy driving it to take pics. and it would take forever to upload them with my slow dial-up (DSL is on the way, finally).

not really much to see anyway: the bar runs along the top of the axle, over the diff, then angles back 90 deg. along the frame; connects to the frame via a rod with urethane bushings in the same manner as the front sway connects to the LCA.

Such a simple setup for tying the rear together, but the SOTP difference was immediately noticeable.

okay. I have pics, but the uploading process is taking forever. even when it says it's done, it doesn't attach the file. I tried to shrink the pics, too.

can I email them to someone who knows more about computer/pics than I do, and you can post the pics?

Have your tried punching the gas while going around a corner yet? :D

BTW, open the pictures in MS Paint then save them again. This should cut the file size a lot (to about 20% of what it is now). You don't have to use Paint, in fact, if you have a program that allows you to specify compression (when you save, it might ask you about it) then select a compression of about 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most compressed. If shrinking the images doesn't work, that is.

Did you get the sway bar from Mustangs Plus? Did you have to drill holes in the frame like I did? I was surprised at how thin the frame was.

try using paint shop pro and save them as jpegs. If you can't get a jpeg to less than 400k, then I want you to turn your computer off, unplug it and box it back up and take it back to the store... juuust kidding...computer technician humor.

But seriously, save it as a jpeg.

well, i've got some reallly high res images (like 3000x2000) on my computer, and when saved as jpeg they are somewheres around 650k file size, so it is possible. it just depends on the compression u save them as. if u drop the compression 15 percent, u can't really see a quality difference, but you'll notice in the file size, because it has dramatically dropped.

yes, it's the M+ sway. and the frame does seem pretty thin.

AND I STILL CAN'T SHRINK THE PICS!!!!! they are jpegs already.
I'm going to bed. sorry guys. I'll get them posted one way or another, but I might have to wait until Monday to have one of my computer-smart friends help me.

well i know u didn't say anything about resolution, but i thought u meant like, there shouldn't be a jpeg thats over 450k or something. i was saying that i have alot of highres jpegs that are over 600k in size.

and also, just reducing the quality in the compression will reduce the file size if u wanted to keep the same resolution...

Anyways, i hope he figures it out