Finally replaced the old motor mounts

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Well I was able to replace them both in an hour, would have been quicker but ended up having to lower the car again to remove the strut brace to get enough clearance lifting the motor up to get the passenger side mount out. Only broke one thing, the ground strap on the drivers side, but of course replaced it with a brand new one, no issues. I replaced them with stock mounts. The old mounts where shot but to tell you the truth the only difference I noticed is the driveline and shifts feel smoother and less harsh when shocking the driveline but other then that maybe just maybe i feel a little less of the motor at idle. But looking at the engine I can definately see it like rock back and forth with the power strokes at idle a lot more but in a very small radius then compared to before and it doesnt jerk to the side as hard when you crack the throttle. Havent really launched it or shifted the bejesus out of it to see if it feels any different but w/e didnt take that long to replace and the old ones where probably originals so hopefully theres less torsional loss threw the driveline and less pivoting of the motor/transmission assembly under WOT and track launches.

• Sponsors (?)