Finally some progress worth showing off...(DUW)

The following pictures represent my "free time" from beginning of January until now:
pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

I did all this with the block still in the car. That's the reason I decided to go with an undercoating (Chassis Saver brand in this case) on the lower half of the bay. The red overspray you see on the black isn't overspray, it's red dust that settled when I pulled all the plastic masking sheets off. There will be some other satin black trimming to make it all flow together (such as the fan shroud and air box). Next week the engine finally goes back together :)

I'll add to this thread as the progress continues. I'm repainting the hood and bumper cover too. More pics to come in a few weeks...

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good man i wish i had free time to do that!! or just free time in general. What are you doing for H/C/I?? Yeah what red is that?? its looks so nice. also can i suggest new CC plates (Maximum motorsports) yours are looking kinda outdated.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Color is Ford Vermillion Red. Color code EP if I remember right. The back half of the car is original single stage paint. I bought enough paint to do the whole thing, but I'm going to wait and do the rest of the car next winter. This was enough work for this winter.

HCI will be Trick Flow TW heads, 1.72 Ford Racing RR's, original 93 Cobra intake-lower ported by Tmoss, and a B-cam (already installed). I also upgraded to 24# injectors, C&L 73mm MAF and Accufab 70 mm TB.

I know it looks stupid having the stock c/c's, but I'm done spending money this winter. When I lower it, I'll get some MM cc's. Thanks for the compliments.

Color is Ford Vermillion Red. Color code EP if I remember right. The back half of the car is original single stage paint. I bought enough paint to do the whole thing, but I'm going to wait and do the rest of the car next winter. This was enough work for this winter.

HCI will be Trick Flow TW heads, 1.72 Ford Racing RR's, original 93 Cobra intake-lower ported by Tmoss, and a B-cam (already installed). I also upgraded to 24# injectors, C&L 73mm MAF and Accufab 70 mm TB.

I know it looks stupid having the stock c/c's, but I'm done spending money this winter. When I lower it, I'll get some MM cc's. Thanks for the compliments.

i think the color code is E8 if i remember from my car. car looks good though, i was gonna ask if you were planning on doing the whole thing later

Finally got the car running this weekend! This was my first time doing an HCI, so it went slower then it would for some. I'm still not sure about how the car is running. After playing with fuel pressure and timing for a while (and pulling codes, setting TPS, etc), I've got it so that it idles at 800 rpm and will rev up and drop without hanging. However, I still have to stab the gas pedal to get it to start. I'm not sure why? I'm gonna play with it tomorrow after work - that will be the first cold start since I've timed it and set fuel. Anyway, here are the pics...

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

Beautiful work, man, really nice. Did it have the factory rustproofing, or that Rusty Jones stuff before, and if it did, how did you remove it? Motor is coming out of mine shortly, wanna do the same job you did, but in Chicago everyone sprayed this yellowing goo on all the underhood surfaces. How best to remove it, you think?