finally sorted

hi everyone....just an update on my 06 gt mustang door rattle..it turns out it was the belt weatherstrip ???..(is that right?) the strip at the top of the door,anyway i used a piece of motorbike carb overflow pipe to fit into the channel of the strip forcing it to expand out and hey presto,,no more door rattling or glass rattling..reeeeesult.....the price of a new strip...jesus..to ship to me would cost me around £160 english pounds...naff that..aint paying that..anyway..thought i would let you know...happy motoring folks..

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, Snubbers are usually the issue, or if the window doesn’t automatically drop 1/2” when closing the Door, then rise up into the Molding, I’ve got a few 08’s, unless they really dry rotted, seems unusual they failed. Check that automatic window function. Do the gaps line up correctly from the outside? 05’s-07’s has a water infiltration issue on the passenger side, if you type it into SNet, you’ll see what I mean, one came through the A pillar, another through the firewall into the Smart Junction box, another was a shoddy setup for coolant lines under the dash by Ford. Just want to save you from that misery if possible.
Post if you have any questions, happy to help!
Good luck!
John

hi,the windows are working fine,drop when opening the door and automatically rise when closing,i took the car out today and deliberately went over lots of bumps......not a rattle or squeak anywhere,,,as far as im concerned "i like the car again" lol..

Hi,
Excellent! You’re happy with your final results. All Cars have their own way of showing their very specific attitudes, but IMO Ponycars seem to have the sassiest of all. If they’re not truly happy, you won’t be either.
Liking your Car again speaks for itself!
Good luck!
-John

lol,cheers john..and after getting fault codes p2004/5 come up as well i bought new gaskets,actuator etc only to find after i had given the throttle body a damn good squirt of STP carb clean with the engine running it has cleared the fault,well...so far lol..so yes..i am still one happy bunny....Rob

IMRC’s, I’d removed mine. But Glad to hear that helped, Rob! Love 05’-09’ ‘Stangs- (well, love most ALL ‘Stangs)..Meet my 08’s, GT, Shelby GT500..Clutches were nice enough to need replacing within 2 weeks of each other, lol!
Most recently the GT500, Twin Disc 1,000HP McLeod, there, & a McLeod Street extreme (500-600HP) in my Wife’s GT.(IT’S Broken in). Smooth as glass, zero chatter, noise, pedal effort- identical!!
Mentioned Pony’s are Sassy, think they communicate if 2 Pony’s are grazing too close! Too smart for their own good!
Carbon buildup, potentially. STP May have freed it. Check your Vac. lines & scrutinize wires & your connectors if it repeats. People are usually come back STUNNED when the IMRC issue’s repaired, buildup over time causes power loses slowly, they forget how much power they had previously, lol!
We’re you recently hard on it, seemed to run great, then Codes popped when it was Colder a day or 2 later & you got on it a bit?
I hope not, but if it throws CEL’s again, watch for Code P0353, occurs when the PCM doesn't receive a valid ignition diagnostic monitor (IDM) pulse (a Flaky Coil).
If it repeats, whatever (if anything) occurs, feel free to sling questions.. Not that big of a Job. Best of luck! Cheers back at’chya!
-John

Attachments

• 5AF8F88C-FAC2-411A-BFB7-9B16851B33F2.jpeg
    5AF8F88C-FAC2-411A-BFB7-9B16851B33F2.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 90
lol..ive only had her 3 weeks...the only thing i have done is to fit a cold air intake kit which a lot of people say trigger the fault codes????..and to be over here in the uk john you cannot give it beans all the time cos theres so many bloody cameras and police...must say,that black stang looks awesome..nice one..oh yeah..i have noticed whoever had the car before me has changed all the coils as well to Streetfire ones...so far so good....Rob