finding your foxes original owner?

Has anyone done this(those of you that are the original owners don't count).
I found an insurance card in my center console today(did a heater core) and its from the year my car was made. found the location of the insurance office, and googled the owners names using that town. they both appear to be doctors, and my car is from San Luis Opisbo, Ca. Kind of cool. anyone else have a story to tell?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, my second fox has the original owners down the street from my parents. I have the slightest clue who owned my first fox. I ran into someone saying they knew who it was, but that never amounted to anything. Interesting thing to find while doing a heater core ;)

I'm the 3rd owner of mine. I purchased it with 16k on the ticker in Aug 2005. It was all original down to the Goodyear tires. The guy I bought it from was just a person that found it sitting due to the original owner dyeing. The estate was holding the car for years for some odd reason. they finally released it when he made a ridiculous offer on the car. We found the receipt in the glove box while driving 4hrs to home, and I nailed it on the price he paid. He got it for $3k. Made a quick couple grand on us and just flipped the sale. So really I am the 2nd owner due to him just titling in his state to sell. I think he said he only owned it for about a month with intentions of owing it himself, but then decided to go the other route. Thank goodness.
I can honestly tell you it was a diamond found in the rough. Needed a good cleaning and some bearings on the rear axle. Then eventually had her painted. I work for a tire store and took a set of tires down to Fla with me because he told me the tires were dry-rotted badly. Of course they were they were dated 1993 lol.. I had some pics of the dates on the tires but can't find them anymore..
But to answer your question lol NO I don't know the original owner....

I'm number two or three on mine, haven't checked a car fax or anything to see if it would say. I have the name of the woman that owned my car before I got it, not sure if she was the first or second owner. She was in the military in the Maryland area based on the card I found in the warranty info book.

I am the second owner of my 90, but I bought it back in 1993. Actually acquired it from my parents neighbors, who owned a car lot and he found it at an auction, in St. Louis. I had told him if he ever came across a good mustang at a decent price I would be interested, 2 months later he show me my car. It needed a little work as the front ground FX were damaged as well as the hood. It also needed a complete going over as it had a bunch of stuff done to it, but it didn't run very well.

Since I had the original title, I had the owners name in St. Louis, so I gave him a call to see exactly what all had been done to it. Turns out it is a guy about 25, living with his Mom trying to start up a performance shop. His Mom was giving him the start-up money and he was using the mustang as a shop demo. He would tell his Mom something was wrong with the car, which it wasn't and he would then get money to do an upgrade. After all was said and done I bet he had $9000 or more in stuff done to the car, but nothing was matched up right. Motor was redone with to high of compression for a blower, blower added to that, wrong cam match and a lot of poor work. In the end he was on a interstate doing 70 or so right behind or beside a semi and the retread blew on the truck, throwing it into the hood and ground FX. That is when his Mom found out about the other stuff and she made him sell it. I bought it for $8000 back in 1993 with 32,000 miles, it now has 52,000. A pretty good buy for a 3 year old car back then, then add all the performance stuff.

Until last year it still had most of the stuff he had done to it on it, I just fixed it all to work together, but I did have to remove the blower, it just didn't work with 10:1 compression and the cam it had. But all in pieces now as I am completely redoing everything. Maybe I will be done someday.

Sorry that was a long post.

I'm the 3rd owner of the Stripptmobile, I got it from a guy I know in 05, where it was sitting in his garage, unmoved, since 99, when he went to work for NS Railroad. He had no time, and wanted the space. I wasted no time when he called and said to bring him $300, and get it out. I showed up with cash and a flatbed. I still feel like the cat that got away with the canary. Nearly rust free, unmolested(Cept for a crap exhaust system, way quiet- the 40's will cure that), ran great when I got it fired, for having sat 6 years in an unlit garage. I'm going through her slow, doing what I want, once, so I never hafta do some of it again. Oh, he picked it up from the repo auction in 1990. I don't care to find the original owner. Consequently, if someone from the Carpentersville, Il area called, and said he has my first new LX, which I carfaxed and found resided there at the last known report in 98, I'd try to get it back. This one is nearly identical to it, just no original options. Original owner of this was serious about fast, not comfort(and obviously not about his payments, either).Didn't know how hard it was to find an unscathed 88 Regatta Blue LX hatch, but I got one(again):D:D:D

I was the original owner for both my stangs., but that does bring up an interesting question, wonder if I can find my original 92 stang? Or do I really want to see how bad she looks now. Probably in some cold junkard on a slab :(

i'm like the 6th owner of my car. it started out in texas. about a year or two ago i was cleaning my car out and went to clean out under the rear carpet area in the hatch and found some maintenance receipts from 94ish. i can't remember the guys name but it was a REALLY weird one. they were addressed in new orleans too so i guess my car went from texas to new orleans at some point and then back to oklahoma.

The original owner of my 88 was the State of Florida Highway Patrol. As far as my 93 goes, I have no idea. I bought it off of ebay and the seller owned a used car lot so it obviously it wasn't his personal car.