Finished installing my Export Tail Lights

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Foothill Ranch, CA
I've been wanting to complete this project for a while. But finish it I did, and I even wrote up a tutorial on it:

Mustang 1994-1995 Export Taillight Installation

There's a tutorial to install export tails on 96-98 'Stangs, one to install Cobra tails on a 99-01 Stang, and now there's mine for 94-95 Stangs. A big thanks to Prokiller for his help! I PM'd him asking for the resistor values he used for his export tails (to prevent the double-blinking turn signal), which he kindly gave me. He had also mentioned he wanted to find another flasher unit that would work without using resistors. That got me thinking, and after a lot of Google searches I found one.

The flasher unit is a Tridon EP-27 "trailering" electronic flasher. It's listed as a stock replacement for our cars. The "trailering" part is the key. The "trailering" version works if you've swapped your bulbs out for LEDs or have changed the number of bulbs in the wiring. It worked great for me, no resistors or extra bulbs needed.

Want to know more? Or want to see pictures? Check out the tutorial! I just finished the install today, and just now finished the tutorial.

• Sponsors (?)

very nice write up. I can actually expand on your modifying stock harness section if you want. i think i wrote it all down for what you need to do; just have to dig it up. i know Dan (riosnake) will love to see this as he got himself a set of 96-98s and was trying to figure out the flasher route too.

very nice write up. I can actually expand on your modifying stock harness section if you want. i think i wrote it all down for what you need to do; just have to dig it up. i know Dan (riosnake) will love to see this as he got himself a set of 96-98s and was trying to figure out the flasher route too.

Sure, just PM me the info and I'll add it to the page. :nice:

As Ryan said, thank you very much for figuring out the flasher! I'm currently running the somewhat ghetto extra bulb which works, but still isn't up to my standards. I'll be doing this asap!

I actually bought my exports from you on Corral didn't I? They had the purple bezels when I got them.

As Ryan said, thank you very much for figuring out the flasher! I'm currently running the somewhat ghetto extra bulb which works, but still isn't up to my standards. I'll be doing this asap!

I actually bought my exports from you on Corral didn't I? They had the purple bezels when I got them.

That was me. I remember those purple bezels, only export set I've ever seen with that color.

If anyone uses the Tridon EP-27 "trailering" flasher, chime in here. I could swear that my flasher is changing speeds each time I use my turn signal. It's not double-blinking, but I could swear each time it's running a bit faster or slower. Curious if it's my particular module, a bad design or I'm just going bat $h!t crazy. More likely the latter.

I wish I had done a writeup when I had installed my 96-98 export tails (another satisfied customer of Chythar :nice: ). I haven't addressed the flasher issue yet, but then again, I haven't driven the car in 2 years. Right now it's in my parents' garage and I'm living with my girlfriend in an apartment. I need to buy a house of my own and then I'll get to address all of the car's problems.

when i read "export", all i could think was, "oh no, rice!"

but those look good and are very nice pieces.

You hadn't heard of the export tails? I guess I've known of them for so long I thought everyone here on the 94-95 forum had heard of them. I'm not sure I mentioned it in my write-up, but these are actually Ford OEM tail lights; used for countries that require the turn signal to be separate from the brake lights.

Hey, if anyone has a set of export tail lights (with amber turn signal) for sale or knows who may want to sell his/her, please PM me. It doesn't matter to me whether these are the vertical or the horizontal ones. My preference would be the vertical ones as I can just use my old bezels.