Finished my disk brake swap

AFter getting the 17's on this bad boy, I knew it needed some disks. Went to diskbrakeswap.com on the suggestion from members of this board. Glad I did! The directions were as clear as day, and even had some funny "remarks" in there as well.

Here are some pics. I ended up replacing the upper and lower ball joints while I was in there which also lead to a new lower control arm and soon a new sway bay.

discBrake.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

set up was $545 with the Stangnet discount (Not sure how long that was going on for) It was really pretty simple. Bolt off, bolt on. I had a friend who knows cars in and out help me, but overall the directions show you step by step what to do.

Can you explain more about this? And what's a PBR?

Thanks!

PBR calipers were standard on the SVT Stangs from '99-04; and optional (IIRC) on the GT's as well. They're made in Oz-tralia, which means they cost a little more to install; 'cause you have to stock the "garage fridge" with Fosters' (rather than Bud Light) before starting the project :D

Now, if you could find decent "pulls" from the right Mustang model; you'd even get the "running horse" cast into the caliper face. :nice:

PBR's are aluminum 2 piston calipers that come equipped on all Mustangs from 99-04. In 01 (or 02) they went to a bigger piston model with the same castings.
They make a nice upgrade to the Granada spindles. All you need is a little "L" shaped bracket and a spacer to make them fit.
Search user name Lman, he had some pictures of his mounted on a 67 track whore IIRC :D

No prob's
Gave me a good excuse to prowl ebay :D
I paid 100 +shipping on mine, I have a set mounted on my 66 Coupe project but I don't have good pics :(
Looks like the $$$ has dropped a bit on them since :nice:

Not to try hijacking this thread, but

Ok, here's a question, can the calipers from a 2005-2007 GT work with the PBR brackets? I went to one of those new take off sites and they have the calipers/rotors for something like $175. Would that be worth it you think?

Or instead of buying granada spindle you can just buy these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

and use your stock drum spindles with SN95 wheels and brakes.

Just find yourself a 99-04 cobra, Bullitt, or Mach1.

From what I understand (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) The cobra PBR brakes are essentially the same as Baer's Track kit
http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-6386-19-0.html

But a lot cheaper in price.

Ideally I would love to swap out my front factory discs for these one day
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ryZ42605QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I'd have to wipe nose prints off of the front windshield every day:)

Hey Kid760 (or anyone else), have you done this install (cobra brakes on stock v8 drum spindles - with this ebay kit of mustang steves kit)? I see you said to use sn95 wheels but will any sn95 wheel fit? I thought I read somewhere that some wheels hit the calipers... Also, where will this drop an sn95 wheel compared to stock? I want to run 17x8's on the front of a 68...