First issue with my 2016 Gt

So, I had my first major issue with my 2016 GT PP this afternoon. I've owned it since new and have put ~29k on it. Started it this afternoon for a quick trip and it immediately started running rough. Shut it down and checked code. It's throwing a P2111 which is the throttle actuator. I have an extended warranty, which I initially regretted purchasing, but now it may help me out.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? I always cringe when I have to use a dealer for a repair as I feel they are always trying to get out of it or find a way to place blame on the consumer. I would think this would fall under the powertrain warranty but it's not specifically listed here:
https://help.ford.com/warranty/powertrain-limited-warranty/

• Sponsors (?)

It is more than likely a failed throttle body, which would not be a powertrain warranty issue, but should be covered by extended warranty.

Turned out to be a fluke. Ford charged $133 for a diagnostic fee for nothing. Fun times.
Need to find another dealership, and get your money back from the first one.

If you pulled a code and didn't clear it, it is still there, even if it's a history code at this point. The fact that their technician doesn't want to do their job isn't your fault.

I agree and I already have this in motion. It was today (Saturday) and they were closing in a matter of minutes. My wife had driven me to the dealership, which is 45 minutes away because it's the dealership I purchased from. Needless to say, I'm done.

I don't expect people to work for free but I wasn't informed about this. After 2 conversations regarding the vehicle, after they told me there wasn't an issue, there was no mention of a charge until I arrived and was blindsided.

I agree and I already have this in motion. It was today (Saturday) and they were closing in a matter of minutes. My wife had driven me to the dealership, which is 45 minutes away because it's the dealership I purchased from. Needless to say, I'm done.

I don't expect people to work for free but I wasn't informed about this. After 2 conversations regarding the vehicle, after they told me there wasn't an issue, there was no mention of a charge until I arrived and was blindsided.
I've worked for both kinds of dealership.

On the one hand, knowing I was getting paid at least an hour for looking at it was nice, and it meant I got paid when the kooks with non-existent problems showed up.

On the other, when you don't charge people for not finding a problem and are honest about it, they come back when a/the real problem shows up. It builds customer loyalty.

My current dealership (a BMW store) is one of the latter.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion. Ironically, I had a BMW last year that was a lease through my company. It's now been sent back but I had two minor issues while I had the car. Both times, the local BMW dealership was courteous, on the ball, didn't charge me for one issue that was such a fluke and gave me a new loaner no questions asked. With Ford, it seems like it's like pulling teeth to get a loaner even though my extended warranty guaranteed one. Frustrating to say the least.

My 92 yr old very senile father had a bad Ford transmission under warranty. Did not have a check book with him. The salesman drove a company car to his house with him to get the checkbook, and sold him a new car that he did not want......I would send my wife in.