First post! Looking at a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback

Cwin74

Jun 1, 2006
I hope this is the correct forum to post this in. I've been looking for a 65-70 Mustang for quite some time now. I'm currently looking at a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback.

Year: 1970
Mileage: 68,188 Miles
Color exterior: Orange
Color interior: Black
Transmission: Automatic
VIN# : 0F05H201348

Features Include: custom wheels, spoiler

Comments: This hot looking Mustang Mach 1 is a very nice example of a car that is red hot in the market right now. This body style Mustang is fast becoming a crowd favorite with their better ride, more powerful engines, and drop-dead good looks that have even been borrowed for the brand new Mustangs that just came out. This particular car is a real Mach 1 with a 351cid V8 and optional Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic transmission. Other features include power steering, center console, high-backed bucket seats, color-keyed racing mirrors, competition suspension, hood scoop, racing graphics, and Trans-Am style spoilers. It has been restored to its original color combination of Calypso Coral over black and has an awesome set of ¿Eleanor¿ wheels. With purchase, you will receive copies of the Marti Report, the original window sticker, and the original factory invoice. Dont hesitate to make this awesome Mach 1 part of your muscle Mustang stable today.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3838&cat=1

I would like some opinions to the worth of this car. And maybe what I should be looking for when I go look at this. I like the looks and the style. The only thing I do not care for is that it has a manual transmission, but I can live with that for $15K

Any opinions would be great! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The car is an automatic and I would get rid of those ugly rims if I purchased it. Something doesn't look right on the car... the suspension has been played with, it looks like, and something with the front...missing the yellow turn signals and I believe the tri bar running horse. Something else about the car that I cant put my finger on, but anyways all those are easy to put back to normal, if you wanted. Go on Kelly Blue Book and see what they say and find out if its a real Mach I. I would pick it up but I would see if he would go down on the price a bit.

I'd post in Classic Tech rather than here. You'll get more views and replies.

I think it legitimately belongs there as you'll want the Mach 1 experts to tell you what techically looks wrong and right with it and what to look for.

Looks like a fine ride to me, but I don't know much about the Machs other than I like them.

Its listed on Ebay also, currently over 17k...:rolleyes:

Just from the pic's they posted I see a 69 console, missing front turn signals,
headlight trim rings wrong color(prob painted chrome...should be Argent in color) Tail lights are not straight and rear bumper is twisted, tail pipes too low.

I would really have to see the undercarrage before I would even place a bid on it. I would like to know how they went about dropping it down so low.

Just my 2cts.

PB

Comments: This hot looking Mustang Mach 1 is a very nice example of a car that is red hot in the market right now. This body style Mustang is fast becoming a crowd favorite with their better ride, more powerful engines, and drop-dead good looks that have even been borrowed for the brand new Mustangs that just came out.

Just the fact that the car is being sold like this would make me cautious.

If someone ever gave me a pitch like that, I'd punch em in the face. I work in sales and would expect the same reaction from my customers if I acted in such a manner.
What's wrong with being professional and sticking to just the facts?

Thanks for all the great information...I emailed the guy and this is what I got back:

Hi,

It's is in perfect condition regarding the mechanical, electrical party as well as the interior and exterior, the engine works great, no dents, no rust, no accidents, garage kept, no smoking, ready to be driven, it's been well taken care of.

It will come with all the paperwork including bill of sale, receipts, all the paperwork that you need to register it on your name, title, owner's manual, everything, first owner, clear title.

I am getting married in 2 weeks and i begin the wedding preparation. So, i asked a third party and shipping company to help me selling it, i don't have time. It's in the shipping company's custody. They'll deliver it to your front door, they have all the paperwork and documents.

So, if you want to buy please go to www.webcargoexpress.com and register or at www.webcargoexpress.com.in2.htm if you're using AOL. The shipping fees are already paid. You have to send them 50% of the total price in order for the company to deliver the car at your front door and hold the money during the inspection period and give it to me only if you don't refuse it. If you refuse it the company will give your money back.

They have a 5 days inspection period with the possibility for you to refuse it and be fully refunded if you wont like it.

The price is $15,000. I am located in NY right now, so is the mcar . Hope you take this offer!

Thank you!

I smell a scam. Time to look some more!!

Any real good online places to find a NICE Mustang? 65-70

Correct...H code is 351 2V C or W.
Their ad on fleeceBay says it was upgraded to 4V.
currently at 19750.00 res not met.
And has Carfax report? Bs....not enough id#'s for carfax.

It's just about as bad as the one saying it has went thru Total restoration,
and the undercarrage has a piss poor rattlecan spray paint job on it.
One would think that they could have kept the paint off the tires.:rolleyes:

Buyers beware.......

Nice looking Stang, would look nice enough to be a daily driver for the summer. I'm willing to spend $20-25K depending on the model and condition of the car, but I'm more than willing to spend less than $20K if I find a car that fits my needs. I'm just so damn gun shy of buying a car off the net, specically after seeing all the scams out there.

Some of ya'all definately know your Mustangs, I appreciate all the help here. I know enough to get me in trouble, but I have enough common sense to dig a little before jumping into anything.

I'm jonesen for a Stang! :SNSign:

My search continues!

I found the following on CarSoup.

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail....icleTypeID=1&UVViewID=4&Page=1&DealerGroupID=

I sent the following to the seller:

1)vin Number?
2)Door tag number?
3) Condition of paint?
4)Does it run straight down the road?
5)Any odd noises when starting, idling, or driving? 6)Has it been in an accident?
7)Has the car been repainted?
8)Condition of the dash?
9)Condition of the seats?
10)Where does it have rust?
11)Any problems with automatic transmission (ie. delayed engagement, fluid level low)?
12)Any problems with engine? Is engine oil clean? Are there any leaks? Is smoke coming out of the exhaust? Any awkward noises?
13)What needs work?
14)Why you selling it?

I figured this would be a good start. One good thing was that he drove it 1700 miles and it actually made it. =)

A couple more Stangs I'm looking into:

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=106912

Looks nice, very pleasing color. Also send questions.

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=000085-200604-000007

Not sure whether I like the 'Grabber Blue' or not, but I think I could grow to like it. Good thing here is that I can easily drive the 40 miles to go take a look at it. Same thing goes with the first link at the dog. 70 miles is no prob.