First time to spray tonight!!!

Well i finally got a timiing light on it tonight and set the timing at 10*. Then took it for a spin with my boy riding shotgun and our female friend following in her holley systemax H/C/I sn95 (who didn't know i was spraying hehe). On our way to the test spot our friend wanted to play so i let her go and i short shifted into 2nd and kinda sandbagged it even though i know she would have beaten me on motor. Once we got to the "spot" I put it in 3rd hit the toggle switch and waited for 3k rpms and then floored it WOW!!! I went through 3rd like nothing and hit 4th thru 5th. I could really tell the difference right away. Needless to say after she saw me run it on the spray when she finally caught up to me, i purged it and said "you wanna go again?" , lol she said "nah not right now". On my way home i got brave once i got closer to home and decided to try it in 2nd, can you say sideways :lol: . Man this stuff is fun!!! Well that was my night, i enjoyed it, guess you just had to be there :nice: .

Oh btw this was on a 40 whp shot!!!
Hopefully i'll get to go to the track this weekend and get some new times!

• Sponsors (?)

Dude man up and put like at LEAST a 100 shot. I have never heard of someone getting so excited over a 40 shot haha.

On a side note. Why did you shift into 5th gear racing while squeezing?

Marlboro_Man said:
Well i finally got a timiing light on it tonight and set the timing at 10*. Then took it for a spin with my boy riding shotgun and our female friend following in her holley systemax H/C/I sn95 (who didn't know i was spraying hehe). On our way to the test spot our friend wanted to play so i let her go and i short shifted into 2nd and kinda sandbagged it even though i know she would have beaten me on motor. Once we got to the "spot" I put it in 3rd hit the toggle switch and waited for 3k rpms and then floored it WOW!!! I went through 3rd like nothing and hit 4th thru 5th. I could really tell the difference right away. Needless to say after she saw me run it on the spray when she finally caught up to me, i purged it and said "you wanna go again?" , lol she said "nah not right now". On my way home i got brave once i got closer to home and decided to try it in 2nd, can you say sideways :lol: . Man this stuff is fun!!! Well that was my night, i enjoyed it, guess you just had to be there :nice: .

Oh btw this was on a 40 whp shot!!!
Hopefully i'll get to go to the track this weekend and get some new times!
up the sauce and prepare to see 12s instead of 14s

Well, it is common knowlege that on an Civic, a 50shot will blur your vision, and with a 70 shot on a mitsubisi, it can cause the floor pan to fall off, so a 40 hit is pretty big, lol.

I like spray, and it works so well when properly tuned. My buddy put a 150 shot on his ported headed, cammed LT1, which pulls my camaro anyways, but on the 150 shot, it was murder. Here is a link to the video my other buddy took in my car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/057DB2B2-FBDE-4DB1-81AD-A1F8565D71E3.htm

His floorpan didn't come loose, but it kind of blured my vision a little.

HaHa yeah I've been thinking about it all day at work! I'm going out to mess with the car here in a minute and i'm going to jet it up to a 75 for now :) and save the 100 for when i go to the track.

I wasn't racing when i shifted into 5th, just testing the juice. I shifted into 5th because it's after 4th and just wanted to see what it would do. We had about 3 miles of straight freshly paved feeder road with nobody on it so i figured why not lol.

Yeah so how much are you guys paying per lb. for nitrous. I paid $3.99 a lb, $43.xx for the 10 lb bottle, but i'm sure i can find it cheaper just gotta do some research.

Marlboro_Man said:
HaHa yeah I've been thinking about it all day at work! I'm going out to mess with the car here in a minute and i'm going to jet it up to a 75 for now :) and save the 100 for when i go to the track.

I wasn't racing when i shifted into 5th, just testing the juice. I shifted into 5th because it's after 4th and just wanted to see what it would do. We had about 3 miles of straight freshly paved feeder road with nobody on it so i figured why not lol.

Yeah so how much are you guys paying per lb. for nitrous. I paid $3.99 a lb, $43.xx for the 10 lb bottle, but i'm sure i can find it cheaper just gotta do some research.

HOLY CRHIST 43 bucks a refill???? :jaw:

I am SO glad I went the blower route... power on demand all the time with no re-occuring cost :hail2:

90mustangGT said:
Well, it is common knowlege that on an Civic, a 50shot will blur your vision, and with a 70 shot on a mitsubisi, it can cause the floor pan to fall off, so a 40 hit is pretty big, lol.

I like spray, and it works so well when properly tuned. My buddy put a 150 shot on his ported headed, cammed LT1, which pulls my camaro anyways, but on the 150 shot, it was murder. Here is a link to the video my other buddy took in my car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/057DB2B2-FBDE-4DB1-81AD-A1F8565D71E3.htm

His floorpan didn't come loose, but it kind of blured my vision a little.

hahahahah dude like 8 little tiny tanks wired into your hazard light switch is like an 80 shot. thats double what you did you whimp. hha. that lt1 hits hard.

bluevenom867 said:
Same here...(usulay $22)

$43=:owned:

I would go get an account at a gas distiburtor or welding supply shop and fill my own bottles for that price.

Can you really do that? Go to a welding supply or gas distributer and get it cheaper you think?

I'll shop around but i doubt i'll be able to find it under $3 a lb anywhere in houston. Now I'm gonna have to start selling crack to support my nitrous habit :lol: .

Oh btw 75 shot jets are in for the weekend! Should i lower the timing more? It's at 10* right now, N/A i was running 14* no problem.

Marlboro_Man said:
Can you really do that? Go to a welding supply or gas distributer and get it cheaper you think?

I'll shop around but i doubt i'll be able to find it under $3 a lb anywhere in houston. Now I'm gonna have to start selling crack to support my nitrous habit :lol: .

Oh btw 75 shot jets are in for the weekend! Should i lower the timing more? It's at 10* right now, N/A i was running 14* no problem.

It is cheaper,but you have to buy alot more than 10lbs at a time.

To fill the bottle get a cheapy freezer (the box type with the sliding tops)and freeze the bottles.Then hook up a line and put the bottle on a scale,open the valves and at correct wieght **** off the valves.Bottle filled.

Well i just got off the phone and it seems that 3.99 a lb is about as cheap as it gets here in houston. Reason being is that we have such a large medical community and all the medical companies/hospitals or whatever get first dibs on all the nitrous when it gets in town. At least this is what two different people told me :shrug: .

However i did find a shop about 1-2 miles from me that is a mustang only performance shop and they said they would fill my bottle for $40 even as along as i pay cash. So $3.xx cheaper and they are closer= less gas to get there.

Ryc Cukr---Just start filling trash bags with nitrous for me and mail them to me and i'll paypal you the money :lol: :lol: :lol: If only it were that easy!