flat tappet vs. roller TIP rockers

No this has nothing to do with roller rockers, I'm asking about flat tappet rockers with roller tips. Anyone have experience with these, I'm running a 302 and tossing in aluminum heads and thought since my engine is hydrolic flat, I might as well add some roller tip rockers to help a little bit, give me your opinions. Worth the extra dough? How much more should I be paying for them? any reason not to?

• Sponsors (?)

steel1212 said:
If you can find them used at a good price I would suggest comp cams magnum roller tips. If not I don't think a decent set of full rollers is that much more expensive.

It just so happens I have a set that have only of 50 miles on them. They go for $150 new at summit. I had them in and then decided to pull them and get the pro magnum roller rockers and 7/16 rocker studs for no real good reason other than I had a couple of hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I am a poor project planner. As for the price of full rockers, it depends on which ones you get but the pro magnums were $265.

I would sell the rockers and the 3/8 studs for $125 or just the rockers for $100.