Flooded Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Sheesh. 2004 is the year we had all the hurricanes in FLA. Think about salty tidal waves , and low-bidder steel panels (though, righteously sealed). Just forget it.

As an aside, I hope the Feds or State of Louisiana grabbed all the Katrina flood cars and condemned them. Can you imagine buying and troubleshooting one of those ?

If it's classified as a "totaled due to flooding" car by an insurance company...it can never be titled for street use again in the US (might want to look into this for Canada to see if it's the same).

Might make a great donor for a good chassis though.

Right after Katrina a Caddy/Chevy dealer in New Orleans had to clear their lot of all flooded vehicles. Pretty much as soon as they could get things back together, they started telling local auto shops that they had to sell everything fast. Everything was 3500 if I remember correctly. You buy it, you tow it away, and it's yours.

My friend's dad has an auto shop/tow truck business. Among other cars, they wound up with a brand new flooded Z06. The water didn't get much higher than the floorboards. He says the engine is perfect.

Flooded cars can't be all that bad :nice:

Dont but the flooded one..try and talk to the people about shipping...offer alittle more or something. Maybe they will consider!!!A price like that you can not go wrong.

Unless it's trash... or a scam... then I'd say you went pretty wrong...

I'm a firefighter down in FLA so I know a little about hurricanes. IMO, if you're planning to go through the engine and you need a core to build, this might be a good deal, just make sure the engine cranks over (with a breaker bar) before you buy it, because if the pistons have corroded to the block, you're done. Just plan on buying all new electronics, they're history along with everything else electrical. As far as the body goes, it can probably never be titled again, or (as in FLA) the title will be a "rebuilt" title and it will be stated as such on the paperwork. However, there used to be a place in Tampa called "ready strip" they dip the entire car in an acid solution, then it goes through a process to neutralize/prime/whatever the body so it no longer corrodes. I've seen this done on old hot rods and it works real well. This process would at least save the body. I would say that if the mechanical parts still spin over (trans, rearend) then they are probably saveable. To me, it sounds like the perfect NASA American Iron series race car material.