Floor pans thickness

stdyhand

Nov 28, 2011
Missouri
I will be replacing my floor pans very soon in my 91 GT. I am was just wondering who has bought the full length floor pans from LRS or American Muscle or Mustangs Unlimited? Can you tell me who you purcahsed them from and what gauge was the metal?

I am trying to find out the thickness of the floor pans they are selling in comparison to my stock floor pans.

I already contacted each of these companies and I either go no response or they said they do not know.

So I was hoping maybe someone has bought them in the past and could tell me. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep I forgot to factor in the fact that they are black e-coated from the factory so there is a bit of thickness added in there. They are 16 gauge stamped steel. Sorry for the mix up.

Just now getting around to checking on this. Thanks Justin for that information. I'm glad to hear that I was expecting them to be thinner. Well I think I'll get my floor pans from LRS then. The thicker metal should make welding them in much easier. I've been fooling around with welding on some thinner steel but I usually have to use a copper backing on it. I can weld the 16 gauge without a backing and not have to worry about burning holes. Project time now. Thanks again! :)