Flowmaster exhaust?

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
LOVELAND, OHIO
This is directed to anybody that has installed Flowmaster mufflers on an '05 or '06 GT. I am considering Flows for my new '06 GT 'vert. I have heard the sound clips and they sound great, but do they sound good inside the car? My '06 is so quiet, I really can't hear the nice GT sound. I don't want "drone", but I would like to hear that nice growl. Help a brother out.

• Sponsors (?)

GET THEM !!!! they are great. sound better than the soundclips on flowmasters web site. i have an extra used set taking up garage space (pm me if interested). there is a little drone in the car IF you have the car in too high of a gear and give it too much throttle. say going 50 in 5th gear and trying to get up to 65. downshift and its all good. cruising is quiet, then get on it and VROOM!! great sounding, would not trade it for any other mufflers.

Instead of purchasing the "American Thunder" kit, I just had my exhaust guy weld in a couple of Super 40's. MUCH cheaper and they sound great. :nice:

I did have a "drone" problem at around 50MPH in 5th gear, but it has since went away.

I also installed 4.10 gears which helped puch the RPM's past the drone point.

I have the American Thunder Kit and agree with Bigcat. The sound is awesome and almost no drone.

On the other hand, I put Series 40's on my '98 Mark VIII before I got the GT and they have a serious drone from 1800-2000 RPM.

The American Thunder Kit was designed just for the GT and in my opinion is worth the price.

GTYUP V8

I got them.

I have them on my 05. I was at a car show and the guy next to me had Magnaflows. Mine were a little louder and more muscle car sounding. You will notice a difference from the Drivers seat. I love them. The 4" tips are nice too.

Greg

I got them TOO!!! I agree with everyone, the flows sound great and even though they have some drone it will go away after few hundred/thousand mile but they will still have that great sound. Just add an x-pipe and high flow cats and they even sound better. :nice: You will love them especially since you have a vert. :cheers:

So far 50% of the posts here ,have said they have drone. I took mine off after one week, hated the drone. At 55-60 mph in 5th gear( standard trans.)they drone.That is the speed most of us old timers drive!As long as you keep the rpm's up, they sound great. Good luck!!

aremann2 said:
So far 50% of the posts here ,have said they have drone. I took mine off after one week, hated the drone. At 55-60 mph in 5th gear( standard trans.)they drone.That is the speed most of us old timers drive!As long as you keep the rpm's up, they sound great. Good luck!!

I'm an "old timer" and at 55-60 I'm either in 3rd or 4th. I don't shift to 5th until I hit 75 or so. I didn't buy this car to go 60 in 5th gear. :nice: GTYUP V8