Flowmaster super 44 not happy...

AK74

Aug 6, 2011
I bought a Flowmaster super 44 cat back for my car and being a lifelong 5.0 owner these things are nowhere near as agressive as the original 40 series. Has anybody else felt the same way about these??? I think I am going to switch to Mac for a more aggresive sound as they were also pretty aggresive sounding back in the day.

• Sponsors (?)

That's what I thought until I called Flowmaster and they told me they flow better but are not as loud as the original 40 series ... I should have called them first..I had bassani on my last two and I should have bought those or Mac but I was having a nostalgia moment...

I use to run them and i think they sound better than 40 series. It's not just the muffler that makes all the sound ...it's the engine combo/cam intake that make cars sound different. The more air in the more exhaust out... and that's where the sound really comes from. Are you running cats or headers? Because the 44s should sound pretty good if you are running an o/r hpipe.

Yeah I'm running off road pipe but compared to my 88 GT and my 94 Cobra that I used to have the original 40 series on these things are really tame... I think I'm going to sell them and order Mac today I just cannot find a good picture of the three inch tips on a lx ... I hate goofy tailpipes!!! I had Mac on my 98 Cobra and they were loud as hell..

HUH...i have the orignal 40 series in my basement..yeah they sounded good..cant you use them now i have a turbo Flows aint so good with a turbo...lol..Anyways i had the american thunder super 44's on my 93 GT stock motor,stock manifolds off road H-pipe and that cat back it was LOUD loder then the 40's i had on my 87 GT...so i dont know what your talking about..i can post a clip for you...if you liked?

Ok here is the clips...remember this is a stock 93 GT just cat back and and off road H-pipe...

This was when i had them just installed too they did even get louder in time...Idle is quiet do to no cam or work done to the motor..But it sounded great going...

Oh yeah here is the car with Orignal 40 series flows...and i will post my 87 gt with the orignal 40's too,the 87 has a powerdyne on it at the time...now the car is turbo and i will post that one with Bassani race mufflers so you can get an idea...oh yeah i have my 90 GT with an off road X-pipe and Mac cat back too...

Ok here is my 87 GT with orignal 40's with a powerdyne blower stock long block...off road H-pipe...

here is my 90 GT off road x-pipe with Mac cat back..

here is my 87 GT now turbo with Bassani race mufflers..