Drivetrain Flywheels and clutches

Need some help with this as it's the daily.
93 lx 2.3 gunna be doing the clutch and everything related. Already got the kit, stock oem replacement. While I'm doing the pilot bearing I'm going to be doing the rear main as well. My question is what direction should I go as far as a flywheel as it would have to be done in a day and i dont have a machine shop anywhere near me. It closed months ago. I dont know what to look for cause of the whole balancing thing. Was wanting to go with a lighter flywheel. But it's not neccessary at all.
Tia

• Sponsors (?)

If your 2.3 is not modified (like swapped in a SVO) I would just grab one from AutoZone and Toss it in with the new Clutch Kit. This can be done within 3 hours max as long as you have the tools and can get the car lifted up high enough.

I just replaced one last Saturday in my garage. Worst thing bout it all was getting the car high enough.

Reactions: 1 user
just get a parts store replacement flywheel. They are the same as an SVO flywheel or any other turbocharged 2.3. Even Rangers had the same flywheel. The one in my '93 coupe 2.3 turbo is out of a ranger. Works fine.

Reactions: 1 user