Fog light question

98GTBlk

Aug 31, 2003
Connecticut
hey guys,

I have a 98 GT and my project for today was to change my fog lights to come on with the second position of the 3 position headlight switch like the 99-04 stangs do. But when i ripped out the switch i realized that the fogs didnt have seperate terminals on the switch but instead are wired along the way into the main headlamps. How can i get this working? Ive searched the forums already and a few places online any body already do this?

• Sponsors (?)

yup the install worked flawlessly except for the part with pulling out the fog light switch ... the directions made it seem as though it would be able to be pushed right out from the bottom (cup holders removed). You just have to squeeze it on both sides.

I am not too sure that is the best method to follow...

isnt it illegal to have your fog lights and HIGH beams on at once..?

for this, i would install a relay system to break the connection of the main power feed if the high beams are switched on...

just my $0.02

my reason for wanting this is because it looks nasty. I can have just the fogs on with nothing else on, or with everything on. Yet they turn off when the car goes off. That guide that i was referred to worked great.

98GTBlk said:
my reason for wanting this is because it looks nasty. I can have just the fogs on with nothing else on, or with everything on. Yet they turn off when the car goes off. That guide that i was referred to worked great.

Yeah, I did that mod years ago .... one of the best. You can independently turn them on/off with or without your headlights.
:nice:

OD said:
isnt it illegal to have your fog lights and HIGH beams on at once..?

The only law that I know about, is that one must turn off fog/driving lights under the same rules as high beams. Basically, one must turn off fog/driving lights when following behind another vehicle, or when a vehicle approaches from the opposite direction.

When was the last time you ever saw someone actually follow that? :rolleyes: