Foose Stallion Rant...

ok, now don't get me wrong, i am a big fan of Chip Foose and what he has done for the hot rod world. but i was at my dealer yesterday, talking to my salesperson, and shooting the breeze, when he said, we got one of them "Foose's" in, do you want to go look at it? i said sure why not, i don't have anything better to do. so we drove my wife's 06 over to it, and i had them sitting side by side. i got to be honest, the Foose is nice, but to me, it is very overpriced and not really that signifigant of a car to charge what they are charging. the sticker on the one i was looking at was $44,848. the interior was basically stock with the exception of "Foose" headrests in the seats, and a carbon fiber trim kit, nothing special to me. the body of course had his kit on it, it was lowered, had the exhaust, hood and stripes similar to ours. it had the "Nitrous" wheels on it, and Baer rotors. now, sitting beside our car, which i have a lot less than $44K in, this Foose just seems like a rip off to me. they are charging over $17K for some wheels/tires, 2 interior items, and lowering springs, and a body kit. the engine in this one was stock, no supercharger. i don't know, maybe it's just me, but there is no way i would consider paying $44K for a car that is basically stock. i wouldn't pay that for one if i was rich, not when i can go on the showroom floor and get a GT500 for the same money and blow the doors off the Foose. just thought i would share this with ya'll...

• Sponsors (?)

yeah i know. it's not that i don't like those cars, because i do. there is just no way to justify the money they are asking for them. will they be worth some money later on? maybe, but not enough for me to invest $44K now and hope in the future they will be worth more. i'll take a regular GT with mods any day. at least i can drive it and not worry about it depreciating in value, because i know it is going to as soon as it's taken off the lot...

Exactly, your 44k is better off in your 401k rather than a car. The problem is that the factories produce great cars for the money these days, there is no reason to upgrade except to impress your friends that you have a high FICO score.

Remember this gem:
here

Here is what Ford needs

45k price point
450hp
IRS!!!!!!!!!
Warranty

I'd take less HP in the land yacht they call the GT500 for an IRS and weight reduction.

true, and i know some guys on here have these cars, as well as a bunch of money in a 401K. however, i was only making a side by side comparison of the Foose and our car. basically the same car, done to our tastes, not Foose's, and for a WHOLE lot less money. to be honest, i know guys who have 2003-2004 Cobra's, paid full stricker for them, then added a bunch of money in upgrades, now their cars are making 500-600 rear wheel horsepower, but for what? none of them race, at all. they use the car as what i call a yard car, it sits in the yard (garage) all the time looking pretty making a bunch of power, but call them out, and they always have a reason not to race. but yet, i can take a car with less money in it, and less HP too, and beat the snot out of them 9 out of 10 times. why, they can't drive their cars. they like the ambience of having a fast car, modded to hell and are fine with the money they wasted. give me a stock car with tasteful mods anyday over these high priced, "name" brand cars. just because someone's name is on the car, don't make it worth a million dollars...

I learned the hard way with my 5.0, I'm keeping my stang stock except for the shifter. I see no reason for more power.

Before I got tossed off the other mustang forum I got into it with some ass clown who challenged me to a mod off, who had the most mods. He must of posted 15-20k worth of stuff for his stang. He didn't realize that his credit card debt doesn't impress me.

now V, we might not have seen eye to eye in the thread about the Challenger, but i don't think voicing an opinion should get anyone kicked off. unless it comes down to name calling and bashing. then maybe. but i hear what you are saying. trust me. i had a 92 coupe, i was the original owner of the car, had less than 73K mile when i sold it, and it was mint but needed a paint job. i had over 40K total invested in that car, sold it for $5500. lost my butt on it. but, i had fun with the car. but also, that one car taught me a valuable lesson. and i have lived with that lesson to this day. there is not one thing on our 06 that cannot be removed and put back stock, i kept everything i took off, as i will continue to do. but i do agree, i don't see a need for more power if you are not going to race, period. big hp numbers and money spent don't impress me at all. if you can't prove it, or won't, don't bother telling me about it...

My 300hp is at the limit i can push it here in the traffic congestion of Fort Lauderdale/Miami... Any more HP is a waste.

What I do love about my stang is that I feel safe in it. Side, front, ABS, traction control, new design etc, so I get the sports car with something I can be safe in. We were playing the lottery with the airbag in the old 5.0's no one knew if they would work or not.

My 300hp is at the limit i can push it here in the traffic congestion of Fort Lauderdale/Miami... Any more HP is a waste.

What I do love about my stang is that I feel safe in it. Side, front, ABS, traction control, new design etc, so I get the sports car with something I can be safe in. We were playing the lottery with the airbag in the old 5.0's no one knew if they would work or not.

You live out here in sofla. You should ride out with us when we go to the track in Hialeah on the weekends.

The only time I use my 400hp is when merging in to the insanity of Los Angeles traffic on the highway.

No one ever really wants to run me at the stop lights. Not that I would really. I find it silly.

Still, just "knowing it's there", yes my friends a very suitable replacement for my freakish, smallish, manhood!

There is a track in Hialeah? I usually avoid Hialeah, it's not a nice place for whitey..

My office is in Miami Lakes, but I live in Lauderdale, at the Marina on 84/95

Its off okeechobee (27) right before you get to krome. Here is the link

http://www.countylinedragwayinc.com/index.htm

Hialeah ain't that bad man, I'm light skinned with blue eyes, grant it I'm cuban but if you see me you'd think I was Edward Nortan in American History X. You should ride out with us its good times. :nice:

Never knew it was there, but it's 1/8 mile. I ran 1/8 mile back in school in the sticks of NC and it sucks. I grew up by English Town's Race Way Park, so I rather hit up Morroso if I'm gonna run.

what part of NC? been here all my life running these 1/8 mile tracks...

I used to live in Mooresville NC myself, and I used to run at the 1/8 mile track they had out there. Oh and Morroso is closed now for repairs. I dont think they are opening again this year. Hialeah is so central and convienient if something happens to one of our cars we arent towing down from a complete diffent area code, you know. I have heard word that they are opening it up to a 1/4 mile. I just figured something is better than nothing so we should kinda show our suppport. To each there own.