For $100 Spark Plug Wires You Would Expect Them To Fit Better Then This

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Broke down and bought some Livewires which I have wanted for awhile. Have had them since Feb but just got to the point of being able to install them on the car.....or so I thought...

a987a8b6.jpg

e8f31b6a.jpg

Not sure WTF is wrong w/ these things but they are getting sent back for another set.

• Sponsors (?)

I've run em all. I've stuck with the Accel 8.8s for the last 10+ years. Probably the second best I ever had was the Taylors, but they fell off the spark plugs frequently.

Kurt

Travis .. they sent you the wrong wires .. send them back and get the correct ones. Ive had my set since 07 and there still perfect.

+1. It's the totally wrong wire set, not necessarily a reflection of the quality of the wires themselves. Those are for an old style distributer where the lead goes into the contactor.

Kurt

I'm not really to happy with summit right now. This wire set and the power steering pump all came in the same order back in Feb. Like you said in my other thread Kurt that pump is for a 93 and these wires were not for the cap I have. I ordered the right parts I always double check and even my order in my recent orders section shows I ordered the right parts, but they sent me the wrong parts twice in the same order. Ive never had any issues with summit and Ive been ordering from them for along time but maybe it was rookie training day or something.

Ive run Taylor, Ford Motorsport and I just wanted to try these. I did send them back to get a replacement set

They have two part #s for our eng type that are easily mixed up, if you ordered from Summit you ordered the wrong ones.

How do I know, I did the same thing. I sent those back and they sent me the correct ones. I run those on my car and love them, plus they look great with the sleeving!

-Chris

yeah they do look really nice which is why I want to keep them. I called DUI first and they guy said they were defective, so I called summit and they said they were the wrong ones. It was obvious they were not meant for my cap.