For Those With A Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

anthony05gt

Mar 18, 2006
Maryland
For several months now, I've been dealing with a problem with my new dual friction clutch assy. Sent the whole clutch package back to the factory. They sent me another assy. which was no better. I told them that I felt as though an 1/8" shim behind the throwout brg./slave cyl. would allow me to do high rpm speedshifts. They said no way, there is no room for any shims and it would make the problem worse. The problem was at high rpm's, the sucker didn't want to shift. Anyway, I put the 1/8" shim behind the throwout brg. and it shifts like a million bucks now. Them idiots just didn't want to admit that they had a clearance problem with their new assy they were shipping to people. You would think that they would do all they could by helping with the problem, but no! That reminds me of politicians and their BS! Myself and another guy have done the mod with the shim and we are both very happy now, no thanks to Midway Industries.

If you happen to have one of these set ups, Ram clutches sells the shims for $16.

• Sponsors (?)

OK, don't get the wrong idea. Went to the track tonight with Justin Burcham. Even though the car shifts a lot better, you still have to let off the gas between shifts..........NO speed shifting ability, but better than before without the shims.

You think that's sweet? I probably spun 150ft. shifting into third last night with street tires. If I was actually able to hit third while speed shifting, it would be a sight to see with street rubber.