Ford 408 Stroker Build

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Cam will depend on what you want to use the car for, drag strip? Street? Road course racing?

It also depends on what you have for the rest of the engine and drivetrain.

Will it be boosted or nitrous maybe?

What's it going in to? Say a fox, you'll make my day.

I'll probably move your thread over to the appropriate subforum after I find out the year of your car. The real geniuses are surfing more in their respective subforum.

Post the year of your vehicle for me then, some pictures of your engine would be nice and of whatever you intend to bless with it too.

im in the beginning stages of the build....but it's going into an 80's coupe, and it'll be boosted I'm building the drivetrain first ( I don't have the car yet just the motor, trans, and 8.8 rear) it's going to be a street/strip car

Reactions: 1 user
This is the motor. Like I said I'm in the beginning stages, I'm doing my research and finding the best options for my build. And I'm unsure of the correct cam to use for my build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 227
This is the motor. Like I said I'm in the beginning stages, I'm doing my research and finding the best options for my build. And I'm unsure of the correct cam to use for my build
Nice brother.

The 351 is a totally btchin' engine, your horsepower goals will be relatively simple.

I'll move your thread to the '79-'95 subforum, lots of pushrod nuts there.

They'll ask the same questions as I did thoug. Your intended use will have a lot to do with recommended parts.

im in the beginning stages of the build....but it's going into an 80's coupe, and it'll be boosted I'm building the drivetrain first ( I don't have the car yet just the motor, trans, and 8.8 rear) it's going to be a street/strip car
Just caught this post, you're in the right place now.