ford 9 inch for 87-93 mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

basically the same thing you have for a 8.8.. but i dont know why you would want to.. 8.8's are pretty damn strong unless its a drag application.. which you would want to go moser or something for a strong rearend.. just measure it off a 87-93 8.8 out of a stang, find you a 9' housing, cut the brackets off and then get the housing shortened... (cut the tubes which needs to be done professionally..) and cut the mounts off a 8.8 out of a stang, use your measurements to mount them correctly and go to moser and buy the correct axles.. using disc is a matter of just takin the setup off a 8.8 out of a explorer.. alot of work when you can buy one done up with gears and everything.. unless you cant just throw the money out like that :shrug:

Mustang5L5 said:
For the money spent to put a 9" in the car, you could build one hell of an 8.8

:stupid: The 8.8" is just very capable of handleing what your motor can dish out. You'll need new axles and probably a new diff. I read somewhere that the 8.8 us a smaller version of the nine without the removable front portion of the pumpkin. I say go out and get a detroit locker, gears and larger axles and then hit the track!

summit sells the housings that just bolt right in like a factory 8.8. i believe they are 1100 bucks and come with the 31splin axles and all the seals and bearings. all you would need is a third momber which summit also sells for 800 or 900