Ford front liscense plate legal in Wisconsin?

brian_23456 said:
The title says it all. Dont like the way the WI plate looks on my car and wanted somethin else. Dont want to get pulled over though.
thanks
Just called my Uncle who is a Wisconsin State Trooper, and ther is a front plate law.

R L

I worked in Appleton for a while. We talked to some higher ups at the time. They said if your car didnt originally come with a setup for it. Then you didnt have to run it. Such as my dads Cobra kit car, that would be a no go

I've lived in WI for the last 5 years, and have been warned once about no front plate on my LX. The car was originally from Florida, so it had no bracket, and I refuse to drill holes in my LX's bumper cover to put one on there.

BStevens said:
I worked in Appleton for a while. We talked to some higher ups at the time. They said if your car didnt originally come with a setup for it. Then you didnt have to run it.
I don't know who told you that, but State and County police will still give you a kit for it. Friends dad bought his '86 GT new in Mich. and they do not require a front plate. Cops didn't care. Either put one on or pay the fine.