Ford Hot Rod Cams

Are the Ford Hot Rod Cams still Available? My local speed shop is having trouble ordering them. They sound GREAT ! Brenspeed doesn't show them online as an item they carry, I've had great success ordering from Brenspeed, wish they carried them. Does anyone have them in stock?

• Sponsors (?)

Are the Ford Hot Rod Cams still Available? My local speed shop is having trouble ordering them. They sound GREAT ! Brenspeed doesn't show them online as an item they carry, I've had great success ordering from Brenspeed, wish they carried them. Does anyone have them in stock?

I was thinking the same thing this morning after watching this vid!!!

YouTube - Frpp Hot Rod Cams With Long Tube Headers

I am doing this mod next after my LTs go in. So awesome!!!!

patrick

Brenspeed just came out with some new NSR cams that sound awesome, don't lose low end (so you won't NEED to have lower gears), and gain about 30 hp.

Yeah, my choice of frpp cams just potenially changed...........I will be waiting to see how these turn out before I order anything. Brenspeed has always been a pleasure to do business with. I enjoy spending my cash with business's that are run like that.

patrick

I had ARH Long Tube Headers, Dynatech one piece driveshaft and an adjustable uper comtrol arm installed. I love the headers, the car sounds and runs great! The one piece driveshaft I don't like! From a stop, turning right or left theres a horrable grinding noise thats making me NUTS ! I think I'm going to go back to stock. BIG $ mistake ! Hot Rod Cams, Steeda Delete Plates, Ford Throttle Body and a Line lock go in on April 20 can't wait !

If you aren't losing low end torque and don t have to run 4.10s that means these new cams don't have as much duration which means not as much lope as the Hot Rods. They also only have only a slight increase in lift since they are nsr which means not a lot of power gain for the work. May I suggest comp cams with vsr. They have cosiderable more lift and changing the springs isn't that much more work. Brenspeed carries them also and is claiming 50 to 70 rwhp.

If you aren't losing low end torque and don t have to run 4.10s that means these new cams don't have as much duration which means not as much lope as the Hot Rods. They also only have only a slight increase in lift since they are nsr which means not a lot of power gain for the work. May I suggest comp cams with vsr. They have cosiderable more lift and changing the springs isn't that much more work. Brenspeed carries them also and is claiming 50 to 70 rwhp.

You make a good point Rob. For me I already have 4.10 gears so that is not an issue for me. Now, gaining 50 to 70 rwhp:D thats a huge difference. I am in no rush and plan to keep doing my research before I order.

patrick

What I meant to say before is not that you lose low end torque but that a higher duration(which gives that lopey sound) move the power range up therefore requires lower gears and a higher stall converter to get the engines rpms in it's new power range. Also I will point out that these cams with the ""Hot rod"" sound have radical duration on only the exaust valve and only about one millimeter extra lift on both valves. Cams with springs have much more power.

Of course springs required cams offer much more power. We all know that... But we're talking double the cost with parts and labor.

But for a NSR cam, these sound fantastic. I think they sound just as good (if not better) than the Hot Rod cams. Unlike ALL the other NSR cams, they don't move the RPM band up and you still gain about 30HP. Not a bad gain for under $700.

Of course springs required cams offer much more power. We all know that... But we're talking double the cost with parts and labor.

But for a NSR cam, these sound fantastic. I think they sound just as good (if not better) than the Hot Rod cams. Unlike ALL the other NSR cams, they don't move the RPM band up and you still gain about 30HP. Not a bad gain for under $700.

I didnt know that. I got a lot to learn before I decide. Whats NSR mean?:shrug:

patrick

It does not cost double to change the springs. The special tools to change the cam are less than $300 and all you need to change the springs is a compression gauge and an air compressor. All the parts are $1177(with phase limiters) from Brenspeed compared to $659 for just the cam. You can get a smaller cam vsr and skip the phase limiters($185) also. $982. What's fun about letting someone else work on your ride? lol

I think he meant contracted labor Rob... Obviously doing it yourself would be way cheaper, but some folks get antsy about working on their rides... :shrug: It wasn't that way even 20 years ago, but mech work has gone by the wayside for most people :(

I've been reading up on cam swapping for a couple of days and it seems like a pretty straight forward job. CJ pony parts in Harrisburg, PA. will do the job with parts for about $1100. I like to save that labor cost and buy something else for my car.

Rob72, if you have any inkling of mechanical know how and a little bit of patience you can do it. Don't be scared, save that labor money for more mods! Also, I still have the timing chain wedge. If anyone is interested, just PM me.