Ford Motorsport Intake, Spacer, Carb, Hood Clearance

Coyote1701

Jul 6, 2004
Kentucky
:bang:

I'm converting my 66 289 from 2V to 4V and purchased the newer version Ford Motorsport dual plane intake. My questions are 1) if I want to purchase the Autolite 4100 carb, where will the PCV hose hook up w/o a stock spacer?
2) Does the lack of a PCV port mean I have to use the stock 4-V spacer with this intake and 3) will there be enough hood clearance with a spacered set-up?

Are there any other suggestions for a good carb...Demon 525cfm or Edelbrock 500cfm? (I don't care much for Holleys).

• Sponsors (?)

Hrmm. I have an edelbrock 650cfm and previously I have a Holley 650cfm. Both, of course, 4bbl. Both has PCV ports on them. I'd spend the money get the new carb. Demon carbs are supposed to flow the best, so I'd get a 600cfm Demon if you can spare the cash.

Other than that, I have no experience with the issues you're dealing with about the spacer, but I would venture that there is an aftermarket spacer that will work for you. My question is why you went with the ford intake when there is a pretty stronger concensus that the Weiand Stealth is the best buy?

As far as clearance...get the measuring tape out. :) I would think you'd have the clearance though.

The FMS A321 has a couple of vacuum ports in the intake runners to hook up any accessories you would ever need to run. You don't need a spacer for PCV. If you need a vacuum tree for accesories, I have several available.