Ford Parts VS. Auto Zone parts.

rude_life

Mar 30, 2005
This is probably a dumb question, but when replacing various parts and sensors within the engine bay..Is there really a difference between a ford motorcraft part and a part you might buy at say..Auto-zone or Napa or Advanced Auto Parts?? I've always wondered if there is a quality difference or longer lifetime on the different brands.

• Sponsors (?)

I like Ford for certain parts but my main thing is I won't buy or use the POS no-name made in Taiwan brands that some stores tend to stock. And keep in mind that alot of Ford parts are made by manufacturers such as Bosch etc which you can find in parts stores for cheaper prices.

I personally like getting ford stuff if I can, don't know why, I guess just afraid if something went wrong with a sensor that may cause driveabilty, they aren't that much more expensive imo., but I have gotten a couple of things from autozone, haven't had any problems so far.

Trick95 said:
I like Ford for certain parts but my main thing is I won't buy or use the POS no-name made in Taiwan brands that some stores tend to stock. And keep in mind that alot of Ford parts are made by manufacturers such as Bosch etc which you can find in parts stores for cheaper prices.

Yes! :nice:

Many parts are made by the same companies. Some are not. It really depends on the part.

like everyone said, it depends. if a part can leave you high and dry, I try to get something better (and it even seems to depend on the part - one part from a certain company can suck while another [different] part can be alright). I do think Motorcraft is better than a lot of the junk out there.