Ford Racing Exhaust Options?

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
Lakeland Florida
I'm enjoying my base 2016 Mustang GT with the resonantor delete and stock muffler. Love the X-pipe exhaust note, but I would like it louder. I understand Borla makes the Ford Racing Sport and Touring mufflers. I've been looking at the Roush Axel backs, but I think that may be too loud. So, would the FR Sport Axel back be a good compromise on louder and still retaining the beautiful X pipe note? Thanks in advance for your help.
Dewman

• Sponsors (?)

After a bunch of Youtube vids Ive decided personally to go with the Atak catbac. I do really like the sport but I want it to be as loud and annoying as possible which is why I want the Atak. For you it sounds like you want something like the sport which is loud but wont be too loud

Deep down I think want to try the Roush Axel backs more than the Ford Racing Borla sports. Again, listening to video clips doesn't always convey what a muffler really sounds like. I love the X pipe and the high pitched exhaust note. As long as I get that I'm good with loud.
Thanks for your reply.

The ford racing sports are pretty loud and sound glorious when you get on it. Nice deep muscle car sound. Relatively quiet when cruising but loud at wot. I had the sports on my 12, but thought they might be too loud with an x-pipe. That is why I opted for the touring on my 15.

I preferred the sound of the Sports, but that is subjective. Neither have drone and that is really important to me. The Roush AB's aren't as expensive and sound good, but I've learned to get what I want instead of worrying about price. It's a $40k car. I'm not going to go the cheapest route on the parts I put on it.

I preferred the sound of the Sports, but that is subjective. Neither have drone and that is really important to me. The Roush AB's aren't as expensive and sound good, but I've learned to get what I want instead of worrying about price. It's a $40k car. I'm not going to go the cheapest route on the parts I put on it.
Agreed. Because of these now I'm split between the borla atak and the corsa extreme

Oh they can still hear it. Theres a guy down the road from me thats a pretty well known engine builder in the dirt track scene. His shop is about a mile or so away and I can hear it when he has something on the engine dyno

Reactions: 1 user
Been listening to exhausts the past few nights (beats netflix hah). I'm really stuck between the Borla S-Type and Corsa Sport catback. I'll have to find a mustang meet or something to see if I can hear them in person, but I'm leaning towards the Corsa Sports now...just seems like they retain their tone better at higher rpms ( at least on YouTube hah ).

Reactions: 1 user
I just ordered the Borla S-Type catback with black tips for my 2016 GT premium. I can't wait to hear how it sounds!! I went back and forth for days, watched a laughable amount of YouTube videos, some of them several times. I was torn between the S-Type catback, the Atak catback, and the Roush axleback. I really wanted to be rid of that huge resonator so it basically came down to the S-Type and the Atak catbacks. I hope I made the right choice. Anyone have an education opinion on the S-Type catbacks?